Rim choices , check these out! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

Rim choices , check these out!

Have a look at these and tell me what you think,, these are Aussie made 3 piece Simmons FR series rims , cost is $950 AUS for a 18 x 10.
I think they look as sweet as the Fikses and half the price.
Whatya reckon.
Gav

and the fikses

RHD 69' 8 STACK INJECTED 383,FAST ECU, TREMECT56 6 SPEED, ATS ,SPEEDTECH, QA1s, HOTCHKIS, RUSHFORTHS , MOSER POSI 3.7, MAGNAFLOWS, ETC ETC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

Re: Rim choices , check these out!

Any1 interested ?

RHD 69' 8 STACK INJECTED 383,FAST ECU, TREMECT56 6 SPEED, ATS ,SPEEDTECH, QA1s, HOTCHKIS, RUSHFORTHS , MOSER POSI 3.7, MAGNAFLOWS, ETC ETC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 04:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

The Simmons FR's do look good...I prefer the fikses due to a cleaner wheel without all the rivets in there...The rivets in the Simmons FR remind me alot of the the rivets in the ARE 398's I used to sell alot of during the 1990's.

Camaro looks good!

1) 1969 Camaro RS 396 TH 400, 12 bolt 3:73 sold 1994

2) 1984 Z28, 5.0 H.O. T-Tops, G92 3:73, sold 1994
3) 1988 5.7L IROC-Z, sold 1994
4) 1969 Camaro bought 2006, back on the road in 2010

Last edited by South Side Goons & Hitmen; Mar 3rd, 09 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Simmons FR's, 1990's

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 04:36 PM
Senior Tech

Question Re: Rim choices , check these out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Side Goons & Hitmen View Post
The Gav look good...I prefer the fikses due to a cleaner wheel without all the rivets in there...The rivets in the GAV remind me alot of the the rivets in the ARE 398's I used to sell alot of during the 1990.s

Camaro looks good!
I have to agree with you. The Fikses look better. For some reason the Simmons Wheels look "dated". There was a silver car featured in Super Chevy that has Simmons Wheels on it and it looked good but seeing the Fikses on the red car and on the "Mule" if money was not the object I would go with the Fikses.

Jack
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Side Goons & Hitmen View Post
The Gav look good...I prefer the fikses due to a cleaner wheel without all the rivets in there...The rivets in the GAV remind me alot of the the rivets in the ARE 398's I used to sell alot of during the 1990.s

Camaro looks good!
Heya , my names Gav , but i dont mind havn a wheel named after me. Interesting to hear what people think about these. The simmons are 'FR series'.

GAV

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 07:21 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

I like the simmons, by the way blacky I never did get an email from Barry Whites speed shop on the wheels, I talked to a lady on the phone and gave her my address and no reply, I guess there either too busy or they dont want our business, I even told her about the Team Camaro site and maybe they could sell some stuff to some of the members.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 07:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVOCASTRIAN View Post
Heya , my names Gav , but i dont mind havn a wheel named after me. Interesting to hear what people think about these. The simmons are 'FR series'.

GAV

Sorry Gav.....I apologize...I should have said Simmons and I corrected my previous post....I'm still at work...Another 11 hour day of Corporate BS and it's been very frustrating the past 2 - 3 weeks.....That's another story...I still like the Fikses better than the Simmons because the Simmons looks like the American Racing Equipment "ARE 398" wheel rivets I sold in the 1990's...Nothing wrong with either wheel I just like the fikses better.

1) 1969 Camaro RS 396 TH 400, 12 bolt 3:73 sold 1994

2) 1984 Z28, 5.0 H.O. T-Tops, G92 3:73, sold 1994
3) 1988 5.7L IROC-Z, sold 1994
4) 1969 Camaro bought 2006, back on the road in 2010
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 09, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
I like the simmons, by the way blacky I never did get an email from Barry Whites speed shop on the wheels, I talked to a lady on the phone and gave her my address and no reply, I guess there either too busy or they dont want our business, I even told her about the Team Camaro site and maybe they could sell some stuff to some of the members.
Yep i had the same response , i sent an email to every member of the organization asking for help and got a reply from 'becky white' after 3 attemps. All she said back was' try intro they can help' -unquote.
USELESS ! they have a website selling wheels , i just dont get it

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 09, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

Has anyone got any experience with KWC wheels ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode