Crazy question but i have to ask. - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 7th, 09, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Allen

Crazy question but i have to ask.

I currently run torque thrust type M's on my '67. 17 x 8 all around with 235/45-17's up front and 275/40-17's in the rear. I like the wheels and the way they look but here is the issue. My plans are to replace my hotchkis leafs with a 4link rear like the g-bar or the prodigy bar, mini tub and put some 315's out back. To do this i need at least an 11" wide rear rim.

Is there a way to widen the wheels i have now? Can American racing do this or can someone else? I hate to have to sell this entire set up and get something else as i really don't want to loose the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 7th, 09, 12:55 PM
Senior Tech
Rex

Re: Crazy question but i have to ask.

Yes there is a company in Michigan I think that does it.....go to pro-touring.com and search for the name. I had it saved under favorites, but have since lost it. I run the 315/35/17 on an 11" wide rim with mini tubs and a prodigy bar. YOU WILL LOVE THIS! If you have not yet, switch to some DSE control arms or a similiar brand. My car handles great! Talk to Frank at Prodigy, he will steer you in the right direction.

69 x-11..LS1, 420.88 horse to the tires,750 Holley Ultra DP, Torquer V2, darksides headers, PRC heads, 10.8:1 compression, forged bottom end, 5 speed. 2008 King Ranch F150 4x4.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 7th, 09, 06:53 PM
Senior Tech

Or just call American Racing, and ask them if they will replace the rim hoops?
They did once for me when I had a big chunk missing out of a rim. I was much cheaper than replacing the entire rim.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 09, 07:46 PM
Senior Tech

Weldcraft is the name of the company you're talking about. Give them a call. Here's the link. http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/Wide.htm

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode