4th gen what fits - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

1Likes
  • 1 Post By camhead68

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 9th, 09, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Scott

Cool 4th gen what fits

Please help I want to run a 15 inch drag style wheel like a Weld Rod lite or Drag star what if any modificatins must i make to the car ect... Can I purchase a style wheel like this that needs no modifications? I would like to run a 15X4 in front and a 15X8 to 15X10 in the rear. I have a 2000 Camaro
Z28 Also what size tire would be about max for my car?
Lonnie67 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 9th, 09, 05:07 PM
Senior Tech
Patrick

Re: 4th gen what fits

Ok, most drag wheels for the 4th Gen F-Body requires a heavy dose of caliper grinding. I ground down my calipers to fit the Weld Pro Stars. 15x3.5(front) 15x10(rear). The 15x3.5s require less grinding than the 15x4s. The 15x8s and 15x10s are about the same. 15x3.5 is a 1.75BS, 15x8 is a 5.5BS and 15x10 is 7.5BS for proper fitment. There are companies like Bogart and Billet Specialties that offer a specialized wheel to fit 4th Gens with no modification but they are much higher than anything else. You can also grind alittle on the calipers and run a spacer, IE: 5/16th is the most common. Greg Weld was developing a affordable wheel to fit 4th Gens but went out of business only after they got the front to fit without having the grind the caliper. Billet Specialties has a wheel that'll fit the rear without grinding but have not yet come out with a front yet. You can also check if Centerline to see what they offer. As far as tires go, most run the 165-15 "VW" tire on the front as it's the stock height, 26in, and Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial, 275-50-15 for the rear, for the same reason as the front and it's the widest tire you can get on there without rubbing. If you have anymore questions, just let me know and I'll be glad to help.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 09, 04:49 PM
Junior

I ran 325/50/15's (Hoosier) on my 02 WS6. I had them mounted on the 15x10 Bogarts. I had to do the BFH mod to the inner wheel well. No rolled fenders.I can honestly say THAT would be the largest tire one could run on a 4th gen car without tubbing, Bogart 15x4's on the front. No caliper grinding required with the Bogarts. I groud off the high spots, just for good measure but it wasn't necessary.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 09, 07:15 PM
Senior Tech
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior28570 View Post
I ran 325/50/15's (Hoosier) on my 02 WS6. I had them mounted on the 15x10 Bogarts. I had to do the BFH mod to the inner wheel well. No rolled fenders.I can honestly say THAT would be the largest tire one could run on a 4th gen car without tubbing, Bogart 15x4's on the front. No caliper grinding required with the Bogarts. I groud off the high spots, just for good measure but it wasn't necessary.
Good info there. You can get alittle bit wider tire and go with a 28in tall tire with the BFH mod but the TAs have a larger/wider 1/4 panel so you can get that size tire on there and it still look good without it sticking out the 1/4.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 12th, 09, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Scott

Thanks guys this is very useful info. Is there a place you would suggest to purchase Bogarts, like some dealer that supports Team Camaro? or maybey I should just check online.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 12th, 09, 04:03 PM
Senior Tech
Patrick

I warn you, Bogarts are high, but they are NICE! I don't know if there is a sponsor on here that'll give you a discount but you can register(it's free) on LS1tech. Search for SJM in the forums and send him a PM asking a price on the wheels and make sure you ask about the LS1tech discount. Here is the website....
http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/

Look through to find the wheels you like. If you have any more questions or need help, just let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode