Help!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage
Help!!!

Help! I got my new Billet Specialties rims and can't get them bolted to the front rotors.

I first thought that maybe the front rims were machined wrong. But all the rims bolt up to the rear axles perfectly by hand seating the shanked lugs.
Is this common with cheap off shore rotors??
I even borrowed a new rotor from a local parts store and the same thing, it will not bolt up?

See how the stud is not in the middle of the bore.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 400 Dart Little"M", SRP 10.2:1, 4340 Scat rotating Assy, Solid Roller, AFR 210 Eliminators, Jesel shaft rockers,Super vic, Prosystems 847CFM, Tko600, 12 bolt 4:10 Eaton posi W/ Strange Hy-Tuf race axles and eliminators.
Best E.T. (11.96 @ 118.06) N/A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Classic Copper 4 Spd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 02:35 PM
Team Member
Doug

Re: Help!!!

Jeff. I was going to mention this, but i thought maybe mine were just off a hair. I had to use antisieze to get my lug nuts on and i had to move the wheels to different holes to get it to fit at all. Mine were not as bad as yours look in the picture though. When i first tried to mount the wheels without antisieze i could have sworn i might have been striping some studs, that's how tight they were. I'm not quite sure what to tell you on yours. Try putting the wheel on the other side or a diferent set of holes, maybe that will make it good enough to get them on with some antisieze like i did mine? My rears also mounted with no problems. I doubt it's the rotors because i used good ssbc rotors. It sucks either way.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage

Doug, I tried it every way there is to try, put antisieze on everything.

I just got off the phone with Billet Specialties tech line spoke to Bill, he said that it is in the rotor, probably some metric pattern.

Funny you should mention the ssbc rotors, I was just looking at them.

Jeff

- 400 Dart Little"M", SRP 10.2:1, 4340 Scat rotating Assy, Solid Roller, AFR 210 Eliminators, Jesel shaft rockers,Super vic, Prosystems 847CFM, Tko600, 12 bolt 4:10 Eaton posi W/ Strange Hy-Tuf race axles and eliminators.

Classic Copper 4 Spd

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 03:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

That sucks.... The rims look awesome.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 04:11 PM
Team Member
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdubs View Post
Doug, I tried it every way there is to try, put antisieze on everything.

I just got off the phone with Billet Specialties tech line spoke to Bill, he said that it is in the rotor, probably some metric pattern.

Funny you should mention the ssbc rotors, I was just looking at them.

I don't believe him on the metric pattern deal. Like i said, i used ssbc rotors. Unless ssbc uses metric as well which makes no sense to me? I hope you get it straightened out soon, i know how it feels to get them and not even be able to see them on the car!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougs72Nova View Post
I don't believe him on the metric pattern deal. Like i said, i used ssbc rotors. Unless ssbc uses metric as well which makes no sense to me? I hope you get it straightened out soon, i know how it feels to get them and not even be able to see them on the car!
Yeah it sux, If they were tight that would be fine. But the way it is now there is no way they will bolt up.
I used ton of antisieze on the stud,, on the shank of the lug, in the bore and it goes in then galls. and stops dead.
I'm not sure of the metric thing either but it is in the rotor.

Jeff

Classic Copper 4 Spd

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 04:24 PM
Team Member
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdubs View Post
Yeah it sux, If they were tight that would be fine. But the way it is now there is no way they will bolt up.
I used ton of antisieze on the stud,, on the shank of the lug, in the bore and it goes in then galls. and stops dead.
I'm not sure of the metric thing either but it is in the rotor.

This is the reason i bought the ssbc rotors kit. They ended up being the same as my parts store rotors. I agree that it has to be in the rotor because the backs fit fine, it's just odd. You will get it worked out. So, are you liking the way it looks so far with just the backs on there?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage

Quote:
This is the reason i bought the ssbc rotors kit. They ended up being the same as my parts store rotors. I agree that it has to be in the rotor because the backs fit fine, it's just odd. You will get it worked out. So, are you liking the way it looks so far with just the backs on there?
Yeah they look sweet, But I want to see it on the ground from a distance LOL.

Jeff

Classic Copper 4 Spd

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 09:03 PM
Team Member
Doug

Jeff. Are you just going to try new rotors?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 09, 09:23 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Jeff

did you measure from stud to stud?
http://adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=4
Are the studs press in? Are they seated all the way, or do they look bent can you put a square edge on them?

Jeff
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 09, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage

Quote:
Jeff. Are you just going to try new rotors?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_gates View Post
Jeff

did you measure from stud to stud?
http://adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=4
Are the studs press in? Are they seated all the way, or do they look bent can you put a square edge on them?

Jeff
Yes they were pressed in all the way and square, It appears that one stud hole in the rotor is out by about 1/16 of an inch on both front rotors.

Jeff

Classic Copper 4 Spd

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 09, 08:06 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

I would try just starting a couple threads on each stud and seeing if you can't move the wheel around a little on the studs as you put the lugs on...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 09, 10:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
DEREK

Where did you buy the rotors from?
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 09, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage

OK they are on whew!!

I had to bend each stud inward ever so slightly, Took a couple tries a side going very slow.
I put a lug on the stud and moved them in with a socket and breaker bar.
They fit perfect now, easy as pie to put on. You would never know if your studs are straight until you try to put on a rim like this.

Jeff

Classic Copper 4 Spd

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 09, 02:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Looks really nice!

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode