Options for spare wheel for 69 - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 09, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Options for spare wheel for 69

I'm looking for a wheel to mount a spare tire on for my 69. My current wheels are 14 x 7 with a 4" backset. Does anyone know what other vehicles I could do a search to find a spare wheel besides just a 69 camaro. I found one from a 68 firebird but it didn't fit the front hub which are disc brakes (if that makes a difference). Thanks for the help.
Steve

69 SS, 350/300 h.p., M-20, 12 bolt, matching numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 09, 02:32 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Re: Options for spare wheel for 69

Many are using a spare from a Chevy Celebrity because its a full size and doesn't take up alot of room in the trunk. The original tire cover fits also. I have a rallye wheel as a spare for my 68

Kev
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 09, 02:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Are you looking to save space? If not, why not just order up a 14 x 7 plain steel wheel from Summit Racing? Their shipping is great.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 09, 03:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyAte View Post
Many are using a spare from a Chevy Celebrity because its a full size and doesn't take up alot of room in the trunk. The original tire cover fits also. I have a rallye wheel as a spare for my 68

Kev
What year models of Celebrity have the best wheels? Does it matter?

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 09, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Wow....great ideas. Thanks, I have a spare tire but need a rim to put it on only as a spare. I've been limiting my drives to short ones until I have an answer for a flat!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 09, 05:45 PM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelknots View Post
I'm looking for a wheel to mount a spare tire on for my 69. My current wheels are 14 x 7 with a 4" backset. Does anyone know what other vehicles I could do a search to find a spare wheel besides just a 69 camaro. I found one from a 68 firebird but it didn't fit the front hub which are disc brakes (if that makes a difference). Thanks for the help.

Steve
i have a new 14x7 rally wheel you could have free if you want to pay shipping. if you have an interest just pm me your welcome to have it.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 09, 07:07 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

The front tire and rim off a junked S10 might work. I think '93 and earlier models might've had 14" rims on some although it doesn't matter as long as you get the overall height correct. For instance, I run 235/60R15 on my '97 S10 and can swap out rims with the Camaro if I were so inclined. If no one buys my Rally's with new tires, maybe I'll run them on my S10 once the tires on it are worn out. Pimp.

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled

Last edited by Steiner; Jul 22nd, 09 at 07:24 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 09, 07:14 PM
Kevin

Steve, I would pick up a cheaper 14x6 disc rally from a Chevelle, Nova or Camaro. it will look correct in the trunk and you will be able to use it. You can mount the same tire on both rims, just the cross section changes a little.

Kevin

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 09, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by L7869 View Post
i have a new 14x7 rally wheel you could have free if you want to pay shipping. if you have an interest just pm me your welcome to have it.
What a kind offer. Thanks. I'd be interested if I knew what 'pm' meant! Where are you located?
Steve

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 09, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Thanks, Kevin. You always seem to have good ideas for me.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 09, 08:58 AM
Kevin

I would go with the free one first PM means private message. If you click his user name, just follow the "send private message" link.

Kevin

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 09, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Thanks again Kevin.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 09, 01:37 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

I have 14x 235x60 tyres..these hardley fit in the trunk
For a spare you HAVE TO HAVE a wheel the same diameter as what is on the rear of the car otherwise you can screw up the hypod gears in the diff, espec if it is a posi
For a spare I have a narrow rim and a thin std tyre (cant rem the specs) with high walls that is the same dia as what is on the car.

There is a thread about 6/9 months ago which discusses this whole issue

PS Jaguar is the same stud partten as 1st gen.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode