Please help me choose wheels! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

Please help me choose wheels!

I'm getting ready to make a purchase - want to order wheels and tires and I can't decide whether to go with Chrome or gray. I think they both will look good, but I have heard so many compliments of gray centers on blue cars. I'm down to Am Racing CL205's, Rocket Boosters, or Billet Street Lites on Nitto 555's. Please help me to decide; I hope you can see the attached pic. Thanks for your opinions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Pass.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	11308  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 10:38 AM
Senior Tech
Pete

Re: Please help me choose wheels!

I hate suggesting other rims than what you are focusing on, but I love these so much I have to post them to make sure that these were considered yet

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/wheel...ubcat3=1081106

I will be putting my money where my mouth is on these

Proud owner of a 2012 2SS/RS IOM Camaro 6M, LS3, Herritage grill, Hurst short throw shifter, Airraid CAI, and a few more goodies on the way!

My 67 camaro project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

Thank you; so I guess I can deduct that you're also of the opinion that chrome centers will look better than gray on a Glacier Blue paint? I will certainly consider these as well; hadn't seen them until you pointed them out...

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 10:46 AM
Senior Tech
Pete

I'm a chrome fan. But then again, im a little conservative on rims and a few other things. I know that if I do straight chrome, i cant go wrong. I may not like the look of a colored rim, and it would cost me a bundle to replace them when i cant handle it anymore

Proud owner of a 2012 2SS/RS IOM Camaro 6M, LS3, Herritage grill, Hurst short throw shifter, Airraid CAI, and a few more goodies on the way!

My 67 camaro project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 11:42 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69RS/Z28 View Post
I'm getting ready to make a purchase - want to order wheels and tires and I can't decide whether to go with Chrome or gray. I think they both will look good, but I have heard so many compliments of gray centers on blue cars. I'm down to Am Racing CL205's, Rocket Boosters, or Billet Street Lites on Nitto 555's. Please help me to decide; I hope you can see the attached pic. Thanks for your opinions!
I have a 67 that's Marina Blue and had planned for 3 years to go with chrome/polished wheels. But at the last second Voxx came out with their "Old School" model (in both polished and with gray spokes) and I just had to jump ship to go with the gray/polished look. I don't regret the decision for a second...just something for you to think about:

1967 Marina Blue RS Coupe:

2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat RS Convertible:

1967 Madeira Maroon Coupe (barn find):
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 11:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

I went with chrome wheels (Foose Legends) and Nitto 555. The good comments just keep coming each time I drive the car...

Matt

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 12:27 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

I am going vintage 40's. These are Torque thrust with gray centers. My 40 will polished lips and grayish charcoal centers.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 12:42 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

If you can I'd suggest you look at the wheels you are considering in person. It made a big difference for me. As what I was considering by pictures was completely different having seen the wheels in person. Local car shows or a big retailer might have what you are looking for and can see them in person.

On a blue car, I think grey centers on the rim give it a nice contrast along with chrome outer rim.

Ed

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 12:51 PM
Senior Tech
Pete

Those wheels look sharp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhjohnb View Post
I have a 67 that's Marina Blue and had planned for 3 years to go with chrome/polished wheels. But at the last second Voxx came out with their "Old School" model (in both polished and with gray spokes) and I just had to jump ship to go with the gray/polished look. I don't regret the decision for a second...just something for you to think about:

My 67 camaro project
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 01:00 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

I went with these: And this is the reason. I think it will look killer on that car.
BTW: Is it a real Z. I have always wondered what a Glacier blue Z would look like. I had a documented Canadian car but it was painted Black.
http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/wheel...ubcat3=1111101

PS. If you click on my pic below you can see them on red.

I have owned 3 69 Z/28s: Garnet Red 30,000 mi unrestored.
Glacier Blue, documented Canadian Z
Rallye Green purchased new in 1969
1968 Camaro Coupe L30 275 horse. ]
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 01:35 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
David

Talking Re: Please help me choose wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
I am going vintage 40's. These are Torque thrust with gray centers. My 40 will polished lips and grayish charcoal centers.

I like these newer Torque Thrust D's. I like chrome but chrome will rust, just let fido get around those wheels one Saturday morning. I like the minilites too but make sure you have clearance for disk brakes.

1967 RS/SS 4K
1967 RS D-2 Z/28
1967 Pacer 4P -
1968 RS/SS L35 Conv.
1969 Z11
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 02:16 PM
Tech Team

i just purchased the 17inch street lites...i should have them on the car tonight.... ill snag some pics if you would like.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

You guys are killin' me! I thought this was supposed to make my decision easier, not harder... lol. Just kidding; great feed-back and I really appreciate it, I think I just realized that I'm not as close to making a decision as I thought. I am, however leaning toward the Street Lites; I think they look awesome, lightweight, and from what I'm told of very good quality.

Brian; I'm 99% she's a real Z - everything I've looked into on the car has checked-out. I've been trying to post the Cowl Tag, but I'm afraid I'm much better under the hood of my car than behind a camera - I'm having difficulty getting the pictures small enough to post her. Running a 350 right now, that's what was in it when I bought it, but I have a 302 on order right now with an October build as I continue to search for her born with motor.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

68BigBlock; thank you, I'd love to see them on your car. Please post!
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 09, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

John; how do you post your picture like that? Mine is all blurry and makes my car look like crap???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode