Rear tires and wheels - '67 - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 09, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Wink Rear tires and wheels - '67

What is the largest tire wheel combination that I can fit in the stock rear fenderwells of a 67 camaro. I have Hotchkis multileafs with a 1.5 " drop............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 09, 09:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Re: Rear tires and wheels

My back rims on my 68 are 18x9 with 275/40/18 tires. My understanding is that's the biggest (widest) you want to go regarding the tires. You may get away with 9.5 inch rims with same tire but that's about it. It's pretty tight in there right now...

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 09, 05:55 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Re: Rear tires and wheels - '67

Here is my 67 with a 18 x 9.5 with 5.75 BS and 265/40/18's....you can go as big as a 275 but that is about it (safely) on a factory tub.

Steve
67 Camaro RS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 09, 06:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dan

class67, I am considering 18x9.5. Do you know your distance from your hub face to the inner fender skirt? I am trying to determine my backspace . I have a very similar stance. I am wondering if I should go with a 5.5 or 5.75. Do you get any tire rub under hard cornering or bumps? Judging by that nice paint your not rubbing on the outside!

67 RS convertible
Mark Jones 496...690hp
Liberty modified TKO600
Holley HP EFI
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 09, 07:11 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Trackman....I do not know the distance but I would go with the 5.75 BS (JMO) unless you can or have rolled your fender lips, then the 5.5 would probably be ok. And yes, I have no problems with rubbing at all, then again, my suspension is pretty stiff.

Steve
67 Camaro RS
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 09, 07:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I have 275-40-17 nitto 555r drag radials on my 68, on 17 x 8 rims with 4 1/2" backspace. No clearance problems.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode