Contact info "discounttire" or "discounttiredirect" ???? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 09, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
EY

Contact info "discounttire" or "discounttiredirect" ????

Hi guys!

Does anybody know the idea behind the company discount tire? There seems to be two different web pages that look the same and have the same phone numbers but are located in different addresses.

www.discounttiredirect.com
www.discounttire.com

Well what's interesting is that the pricing is different and also the online / email contact info is different on both pages. I was ordering a set of MB-Wheels Old Schools but have had no reply of any kind in more than a week??

I have sent email to [email protected]direct.com but had no reply...???
Yesterday I googled and found out that the pages www.discounttire.com existed and looked 95% like the discounttiredirect pages?? They didn't have the email addresses the but an online "contact us" form.

Apparently you guys have bought these wheels so they should be available but is either of these two pages a scam or whats the deal here?? Any ideas??

I'll be calling the phone number that is listed the same on both pages so hopefully I'll get an answer to this mess.

E.Y. Finland,
-67 RS
Orig: PG + 327/275 + 12-bolt.
Now: SBC409 TKO600

Last edited by rodek; Oct 18th, 09 at 01:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 09, 06:56 AM
Senior Tech
Timothy

Re: Contact info "discounttire" or "discounttiredirect" ????

I saw that too but I figured they had a site geared for local business and a national site, but no idea as to why. Im also in the market for some MB Old School wheels, if I can get a smokin deal I will pull the trigger. If you dont mind send me a PM of what you paid so I can try to negotiate a similar deal. Ive heard some guys say they got the full package including lug nuts for under 1k.

My 69 RS/SS 396 Project -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I may be dumb but I aint stupid"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 09, 07:36 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Here's the registration info on both sites...

Quote:
Registrant:
Discount Tire
20225 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
US

Domain Name: DISCOUNTTIREDIRECT.COM

Administrative Contact:
Discount Tire Company [email protected]
20225 N. Scottsdale Rd
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85255
US
480-606-6000 fax: 123 123 1234

Technical Contact:
20225 N Scottdsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
US

Record expires on 15-May-2010.
Record created on 14-May-1997.
Database last updated on 20-Oct-2009 10:25:10 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

AUTHNS1.MPLS.QWEST.NET 63.231.205.1
AUTHNS3.STTL.QWEST.NET 206.81.192.11
AUTHNS2.DNVR.QWEST.NET 206.196.128.12
Quote:
Registrant:
Discount Tire
20225 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
US

Domain Name: DISCOUNTTIRE.COM

Administrative Contact:
20225 N. Scottsdale Rd
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85255
US

Technical Contact:
20225 N Scottdsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
US

Record expires on 15-May-2010.
Record created on 14-May-1997.
Database last updated on 20-Oct-2009 10:26:03 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

AUTHNS1.MPLS.QWEST.NET 63.231.205.1
AUTHNS3.STTL.QWEST.NET 206.81.192.11
AUTHNS2.DNVR.QWEST.NET 206.196.128.12

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 09, 09:16 AM
Senior Tech
Andy

Send a message via AIM to 67SS&99SS

I have ordered from www.discounttiredirect.com before. I ordered a set of nitto tires from them for my 99 SS and recieved them 2-3 days later. Definitely a reputable company. I called and spoke to a rep to order my tires.

1967 Camaro SS: 406 sbc, 522hp/514 ft lbs, Doug's 1 3/4" headers, M20, posi, 3.73's, vintage air gen IV, IROC steering box, Comp Eng. weld-in sfc's & traction bars, chrome US Mags

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 09, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
EY

Thanks Guys!!!!

That is a relief. I was already thinking about how much did I get screwed.

I emailed my order and contact info now more than a week a go, but had no reply... I think I'll call tomorrow to the number listed on they web pages and order by phone / ask if I can email the order directly to the sales persons email address.

Again, thanks for all your trouble!!
This just shows again how fantastic forum this is!

E.Y. Finland,
-67 RS
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 09, 02:23 PM
Senior Tech
Patrick

You will also likely need deep dish lug nuts. Not enough thread on these wheels sticking out to use the factory lugs. I had to wait two weeks for these but they match. Part no 7802

You can see the wheels in my link.

Merchant
TeraMax Inc.
[email protected]
877-459-4335

1968 Convertible L92 VVT project, Hotchkiss lowering front & rear.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 09, 05:56 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Discounttiredirect is the overall main web store that will ship anywhere (as far as I know). If you order there, they will mount, balance, and ship free in the US usually in under a week. You should have gotten an invoice immediately upon ordering if you used that site. I don't know how they handle someone like yourself who is ordering from outside the US.

Discounttire will direct you to your local Discount Tire store. If you order there, you will have to go through the process to select a local store and set up an install appointment.

They are the same company and there are over 700 Discount Tires in the US. Think of it like WalMart. You can go to walmart.com and find thousands of items that are not available in you local store, and those that are available will likely be different prices locally based on market.

Even though there are a couple of Discount Tire stores around me, I got mine from discounttiredirect as it was actually cheaper since they shipped free and I didn't have to pay sales tax or some of the fees that come with purchasing new tires (disposal et. al.). Plus, the tires I wanted were not stocked at my local store; however, they could have been ordered.

These are the lugs I used and they work perfect.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-71673N/

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled

Last edited by Steiner; Oct 21st, 09 at 02:31 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 09, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
EY

Hi!

I'll have the wheels and tires shipped to Florida to my freight forwarder. They will send them to Europe, so it should be OK from discounttire's point of view. I still didn't have the time to call discount today but I'll call tomorrow.

Steiner, I understand your point, and it's just interesting that they don't respond to emails, at least not to my emails from Europe I also know that we have some really customer oriented sponsors here but I fell in love with the Steiner/edhjohnb cars with these wheels. And these wheels seem to be only available through discount as far as I know.

I'll have to triple check the lug nuts since I have upgraded my wheel studs to 12mm x 2.5" ones from ARP.

68problemchild, NICE CAR!!!

Thanks again for your time!

E.Y. Finland,
-67 RS
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 09, 01:12 PM
Senior Tech
Timothy

Someone said these are actually Coys brand wheels in the previous thread about these. Discount Tire has them cheaper than anywhere I can find in the US. Im going to call them tonight.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 09, 06:21 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microgiant View Post
Someone said these are actually Coys brand wheels in the previous thread about these. Discount Tire has them cheaper than anywhere I can find in the US. Im going to call them tonight.

The screw-on center cap is exactly the same as one "name brand" I've seen before but I can't remember which. However, it has nothing in the oval indention whereas the other had the brand name in it. I was thinking a raised cut vinyl red or black bowtie sticker would look good if I can find some that will fit.

'69 Camaro
500hp/538lbft

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 09, 08:28 PM
Jeff

Just got mine two weeks ago. Excellent customer service, I was going to order online when I got mine because they had an extra $75 off if you ordered online that weekend. I called just to verify backspacing vs. part number and the sales guy took my order over the phone and honored the $75 off plus gave me another $25 off. I got wheels, tires, mount and balance and lug nuts to my door for $978. That included the $8 per tire lifetime tire warranty. They look incredible and the fit and finish is top notch.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 09, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
EY

Hi everybody!

I just called discounttiredirect and ordered my wheels and tires on the phone. The guy that answered my call was like WHAT WHO?? when I introduced myself from Europe Finland

Good service! My original email order did not get through.... they had some problems with their email accounts.... or something.

The gunmetal ones all the way round wrapped in NITTO 555 tires less than 950$ delivered to Florida! I'd call it a deal! (BTW moderators, if this qualifies as an ad please remove the pricing info)

Thanks for your help!

E.Y. Finland,
-67 RS
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 09, 04:18 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

You know, I still haven't got one referral bonus from them. I bought them and posted them up before Discount even had a picture of them up on their website. If anyone gets in trouble for advertising them it'll be me. I think enough people have gotten them that Discount Tire ought to become a board sponsor.

Glad you got everything straightened out. I bet it'll turn some heads in Finland.

'69 Camaro
500hp/538lbft

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 09, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
EY

Yeah, I actually gave some good words about our forum and advertised that there are a lot of people talking about these wheels in this forum. They were interested to hear that such a good word was out.

There might be a chance getting them interested if someone would contact their marketing department, preferebly by phone Steiner I think they ought to ship you at least a new set of rear tires

E.Y. Finland,
-67 RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode