2 rim choices for my 69??? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 09, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

2 rim choices for my 69???

Hi guys, im ready to pull the trigger on some new 'rushforth rims' 2mrw... And am having trouble deciding between the 'rated-x' or 'super spokes' .I have decided on the brushed centers but unsure on rim style... This is so hard, it can do your head in
My car is a red and black 69 RS/ss clone. but will be painted in a mettalic after x-mas. ah' yes they will be 18s.
any pics if not a pain...i have trawled the other threads and sites for inspiration with not much luck.

thanx,
Gav

RHD 69' 8 STACK INJECTED 383,FAST ECU, TREMECT56 6 SPEED, ATS ,SPEEDTECH, QA1s, HOTCHKIS, RUSHFORTHS , MOSER POSI 3.7, MAGNAFLOWS, ETC ETC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 09, 06:02 PM
Senior Tech
Vic

Re: 2 rim choices for my 69???

rated x all the way, im personally going to get the livewires..

Vic
1969 Camaro SS
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 09, 04:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

I like the wheels on the RED Camaro.........

1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 09, 07:19 AM

It all depends on the overall style you are going for with the car. Give me a call at the shop and we can over what you are trying accomplish with your build and get you into a set of wheels that will help you obtain your goals!

Justin Butler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-694-5940
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 09, 01:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

rated X, and frank at prodigy has them on sale right now.

Don't stop now!!!

67 camaro driver
383 10:1
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 09, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

thanx all for the suggestions , but i am in correspondance with Jason (rushforth) now on shipping costs etc...he is waiting for my call with the credit card. Can i actually get them cheaper going with Frank at prodigy or Driverz ?? how much cheaper ?

thanx,

Gav

RHD 69' 8 STACK INJECTED 383,FAST ECU, TREMECT56 6 SPEED, ATS ,SPEEDTECH, QA1s, HOTCHKIS, RUSHFORTHS , MOSER POSI 3.7, MAGNAFLOWS, ETC ETC

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 09, 02:15 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

I personally prefer the Superspokes but wheels are so subjective,it only matter what YOU like.

If you're already in conversation with Jason,just continue with him...I'm sure he'll match Frank's pricing.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 09, 02:24 PM
Senior Tech

Worth the call...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 09, 02:28 PM
Senior Tech
Jeremiah

I like the one on the red Camaro best. They look simmilar to my three piece Iforged aeros I had on my last Camaro only with thicker spokes.

69 Z/28, red/white stripe, black houndstoot with docs.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 09, 04:32 PM
Senior Tech
Patrick

I like the wider spokes on the red camaro. Although I would like to see bigger disc braks that are cross drilled and slotted on the black car. Then the narrower spoked rims might look better.

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 09, 05:29 PM
Senior Tech
Jeremiah

Heres a pic of one from IForged thats close to the ones you posted. I had it save on my computor from when I bought my Aeros.

69 Z/28, red/white stripe, black houndstoot with docs.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 09, 08:08 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

good choice of wheel manufacturer!!! can't lose with either choice...

Steve
67 Camaro RS
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 09, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

Guys , im just about settled on satin/brushed centers , polished lips, exposed hardware superspokes in 18s... Jason has given me the best price and ill pull the trigger on monday !

Gav

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 09, 08:26 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

I'm in the same position you are. very, very tough to decide. I do like the 5 spoke look. I like all of these. Nice cars, by the way!

|
|
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 09, 12:10 PM
Senior Tech
Bill

Five-spoke seems to be one of those natural laws of the universe and although tempting to go with somehting new and cutting edge you must always think about how the new shape will stand the test of time (like Cragar design has) on our cars. I never thought I'd say this but I see chrome/polished alum. look on wheels starting to "fade" and the trend will start to shift more toward duller, graphite, raw-looking metal. The two examples above show how it works very well. This look lets you get away with more contemporary design. I'm a believer in not creating too much of a distraction with wheels and making sure they are congruent with the cars lines and style. They should NOT be the first thing you notice and should look like they belong there. The yellow car above has stretched the boundaries with a modern shape but still achieved great success. If they were polished or chrome though it would have detracted from the look of the rest of the amazing car. You have some nice options and I hope you pick the one that makes you the happiest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode