Looking for a 19x12 poor mans wheel. - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 09, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim

Looking for a 19x12 poor mans wheel.

345/30/19 rear tire is what I would like to run, and most of the guys that are running that wide of a tire, are running a 12" wheel. Most of the wheel manufactures that I have looked up, don't make a 12" wheel (and if they do, it's not in my price). I really like the boze wheel, but it is way out of my price range. Here is my question, Is there a wheel company that makes a 19x12" with around a 4.5 to 5 in. lip for the poor man? 700 to 1250.00 per wheel is not in the budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 09, 10:07 PM
6D9
Senior Tech
Ron

Re: Looking for a 19x12 poor mans wheel.

Nope...Gonna have to pony up some cash if you want some fat lip 19x12's.

69 Camaro
491/AFR 315'S/Straub hyd roller
TH400/GV OD
9" 3.50
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 04:15 AM
Senior Tech
Frank

You could choose the wheel you want in a 19 X 10 and sent it to Weldcraft for widening, runs a tick over $200 per wheel. We just had a pair of 18s done and they did a nice job.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 03:34 PM
Senior Tech

Cheap wheels don't have hoops that wide. So, you have to pony up the cash for 3 piecers, or have a one piece widened by either asking weldcraft to do it, or contact the wheel manufacturer and buying 2 hoops and having them build the wheel that way. I run 18x11s on my car and that extra 1" cost me an unimaginable amount of money. (Only 10" hoops available, i went with 3 piece) However, IMO wheels and stance make or brake a car. That extra 1" seperates the men from the boys, or perhaps to some, the practical from idiots like me.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 09, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim

I totally agree with you, wheels and stance really do make or brake the car. If I have to I will take the extra time to make the budget fit the stance. I really want the stance. I guess this will give me more time to search for different wheels. I have 295/50r/15, 10" wheels, mono leafs with the tires sticking way out of the fender wells, on a 8.2 10 bolt. 70's and 80's stance. I don't have my new rear housing yet, I thought I would start with the wheels and tires and work from there. Thanks for the info.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 09, 02:53 PM
Senior Tech
TJ

this is one of those situations where if you want to play, you've got to pay

if you think about it, even if they made a "cheap" wheel that size, would you really want to put it on your car? i'm sure cheap price would mean cheap looks and as WAYRAD said, wheels make or break a car

good luck, and maybe you can find some used ones at a decent price. another option is that maybe you can look into getting an 18" rim instead, because a lot of the big boys are stepping up to 19" and 20" rims, so they might get rid if their 18s for cheap
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 09, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim

That's a good Idea, used 18's or 19's. Anybody?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 09, 07:08 AM
Senior Tech

The only thing I can offer is to figure out where you want to go and go from there because everything has to work together. I'm no expert, but if you are looking for a pro-touring type stance, and I think you are, I'd go with a 54 3/4" housing flange to flange, 18x11 with a 5" bs and a 315 tire, and mini tubs.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 09, 02:11 PM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to Satatic

Cheap wheels are always cast and made in popular combos. So to find something cast in what you need will be impossible. I don't think I have seen a cast 12in wheel yet. And I did search a lot because that is what i wanted. I ended up with 10 inch wide. Still finding the correct backspace in a cheap wheel that i liked was hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode