New 3 inch hotchkis drop-What will fit? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 10, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
John

New 3 inch hotchkis drop-What will fit?

New to the site. Looking for anyone who can inform me on the biggest rim/tire combo for a my 69 camaro. New Hotchkis 3 inch drop springs in front and 3 inch leaf springs on the rear. Before I purchace, any help is very much appreciated. Would love to go with 18", but not sure if they will rub.

Thanks
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 10, 09:04 PM
Senior Tech
Gav

Re: New 3 inch hotchkis drop-What will fit?

John , heres mine..its got hotchkis drop rear leafs and i had them lowered another 2 1/2 inches . 18 x 10 rears with 275 tires 18 x 8 front with 245 tires... I had slight rear mods .I think 9.5 rears would be perfect with no trimming.

RHD 69' 8 STACK INJECTED 383,FAST ECU, TREMECT56 6 SPEED, ATS ,SPEEDTECH, QA1s, HOTCHKIS, RUSHFORTHS , MOSER POSI 3.7, MAGNAFLOWS, ETC ETC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 10, 09:26 PM
Tech Team
Doug

Not trying to bud in on the thread, but i had a ? on your car. what kind of mods did you do to the rear? is it a shortened rear end to run the 18x10s? i have a 68 camaro im doing up and am looking for a similar front and rear suspension mods. how much did it run you if you dont mind me asking for both front and rear leafs and springs etc from hotchkis

thanks doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA69Z View Post
John , heres mine..its got hotchkis drop rear leafs and i had them lowered another 2 1/2 inches . 18 x 10 rears with 275 tires 18 x 8 front with 245 tires... I had slight rear mods .I think 9.5 rears would be perfect with no trimming.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 10, 05:00 AM
Senior Tech
Gav

Doug, the rearend is a standard width 12 bolt moser with drum brakes. THe lips are trimed up pretty good on the rear ..I am in Aussie so prices arnt really relevant ...You get these bits much cheaper than us. the rear leaves were the 2 1/2 drop hotchkis multis and had them reset another 2 inches..rims have 5.75 backspace..
the front is a tubular speedtech setup with adjustable qa1s , All fits under easy with 4.75 backspace. hope that helps.

Gav

RHD 69' 8 STACK INJECTED 383,FAST ECU, TREMECT56 6 SPEED, ATS ,SPEEDTECH, QA1s, HOTCHKIS, RUSHFORTHS , MOSER POSI 3.7, MAGNAFLOWS, ETC ETC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 10, 05:33 AM
Senior Tech
Sean

Garage

Hi Gav,

Stance looks perfect! Can explain what they did when they reset your hotchkis rear leafs another 2 inches, did they remove some leafs or were they dearched? Also can you post the size tires you have on those rims, thanks!

1969 Camaro - LeMans Blue
383ci Stroker ~ M22 4-speed ~ 12-Bolt Posi-3.73
AR Torq Thrust D Wheels:
Front - 15x6 with 215/65
Rear - 15x8 with 255/60
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 10, 02:08 PM
Senior Tech
Gav

Sean, the rears were de-arched , no leafs were removed , they are close to flat now but still work and feel fine...My tires are 275/40/18 & 245/40/18 'nitto tires'
Hotchkis rear bar and pedders sports touring rear shox

Gav

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 10, 03:26 PM
Senior Tech
Frank

We install and sell quite a few Hotchkis sets ups and sell 10 different brands of wheels also. As mentioned above you can do a 18 X 19 rear with a 275 tire and a 18 X 8 front ith a 245 tire. 67 / 68 are a bit more touchy on sizes depending on how low the car is.

Feel free to call me, we can handle the entire package at a price and experiance no one else can touch.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 10, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
John

Thanks everybody, was going to go with 17", but looks like I should have no problem with 18". Gav, the stance on your 69 is awesome.

Thanks
John
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 10, 09:47 PM
Tech Team
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
We install and sell quite a few Hotchkis sets ups and sell 10 different brands of wheels also. As mentioned above you can do a 18 X 19 rear with a 275 tire and a 18 X 8 front ith a 245 tire. 67 / 68 are a bit more touchy on sizes depending on how low the car is.

Feel free to call me, we can handle the entire package at a price and experiance no one else can touch.

Sent a Pm regaurding a few ?S on items
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 10, 10:06 PM
Senior Tech

Gav,
Awesome photos, thanks for posting those photos. There are plenty of options when choosing wheels. With a 3" Hotchkis drop, offsets are critical. We do it alot, so if you need help, let us know.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 10, 11:16 PM
Senior Tech
Gav

Jon , youv'e sent me several messages now regarding what??? are you trying to sell me something? i have the rims i wanted thru justin at 'rushforth' and all my suspension is set up thru 'speedtech'... im not sure you actually read the posts or your just trying to get business.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 10, 04:31 AM
Senior Tech
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA69Z View Post
Yeah, if your doing a fat lip wheel there is not 9.5" wide, only 9" or 10". 18 X 9s are a much easier fit. And if your doing a step lip you can get the 9.5 width. Makes life a lot easier. We guarantee wheels and tire fitment if you use our suggested size and backspace. We do not sell many 10" rear wheels for Camaro's. When the customer insist the sale comes with a big hazard warning and no fitment guarantee. There are plenty of fitment issues out there with 10s and people have to try and modify the wheelhouse to clear, when a 9 would make is so much easier.

So, it does not matter what the rim diameter is,

Rear

9" rim, 5 to 5.25 BS
9.5 rim 5.5 BS
10" rim 6" BS will give some wiggle room for a small spacer if needed.

Fornt

7" rim 3.75 to 4" BS
8" rim 4.75 to 5" BS
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old May 12th, 15, 08:27 PM
Lee

Hey Gav,
New here on the site. I absolutely love the stance on your car! I have a 1969 Camaro Convertible and would love to have mind have your stance. Currently I'm in the process working the suspension. I recently purchased Hotchkis 2" drop springs for a big block. I have some upgraded upper and lower control arms but they are not Hotchkis. I have a 12 bolt rear but haven't purchased anything for the rear nor have I purchased any rims or tires. No modification have been done to the body so everything is stock. Any advise would be appreciated. I was curious what motor you are running. I noticed in your post you said that 9.5 on the rear would be perfect. What's the name of the rims you have? I really like the BFG Rivals. Do you think they would work the same as yours? Hope I haven't ask too many questions I just don't want to have to do anything twice if I can help it.
Any thoughts on the big block and the lowering springs be great as well.
Thanks
Lee
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old May 14th, 15, 06:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman View Post
Hey Gav,
New here on the site. I absolutely love the stance on your car! I have a 1969 Camaro Convertible and would love to have mind have your stance. Currently I'm in the process working the suspension. I recently purchased Hotchkis 2" drop springs for a big block. I have some upgraded upper and lower control arms but they are not Hotchkis. I have a 12 bolt rear but haven't purchased anything for the rear nor have I purchased any rims or tires. No modification have been done to the body so everything is stock. Any advise would be appreciated. I was curious what motor you are running. I noticed in your post you said that 9.5 on the rear would be perfect. What's the name of the rims you have? I really like the BFG Rivals. Do you think they would work the same as yours? Hope I haven't ask too many questions I just don't want to have to do anything twice if I can help it.
Any thoughts on the big block and the lowering springs be great as well.
Thanks
Lee
Lee, it has been 5 years since anyone has posted in this thread. A couple of the posters have been banned since then, and most of the rest haven't posted in at least 2 years. You could try PM'ing Gav and seeing if he gets an e-mail reminder that he has a PM.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old May 17th, 15, 06:49 PM
Lee

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode