14 inch on front and 15 inch on rear? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 10, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Wayne

14 inch on front and 15 inch on rear?

I could not find a specific post about using different size wheels. Is there a problem using 14 inch rally wheels on front and 15 inch rally wheels on back? What would be any problems? I have a 69 convertible.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 10, 10:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rod

Re: 14 inch on front and 15 inch on rear?

it might be hard to find a disc brake to fit inside those 14" wheels there was a different offset on 14" drum wheel and a 14" disc wheel, whats wrong with a 15-15 setup?

Rodney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 05:24 AM
Senior Tech

I ran 14/15's for a few years but now that I have the disk brakes the 14's dontfit... so not i am running 15's f/r.. in this pic the car has the 14/15 combo.

67 Camaro LS1+ tvs2300/4L70E 530 RWHP
64 Corvette Coupe 350/ TKO600
66 Mustang (289/C4)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 05:32 AM
Senior Tech
red

I have 15 rear and 14 front with disc brakes. All rally's . 15X7 @ 14X6
Wanted a liitle smaller up front, changed from 15X7 all around.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Wayne

I know this car had 14 x 7's all around. Now the front has a 14 inch other style wheel. This car does have front disc brakes. I never understood why some had 14's and some had 15'd back then. I have 2 15 x 7 rally wheels I could have mounted for the rear and use the 14 inch rallys on the front.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 11:42 AM
Senior Tech
Steps

Quote:
it might be hard to find a disc brake to fit inside those 14" wheels there was a different offset on 14" drum wheel and a 14" disc wheel,
you sure on that? a few yrs ago ...I borrowed a friends 14" with stock drums and put on mine with stock disks nps.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 11:55 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Nothing wrong with it? Do you have 4 wheel drums?

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Wayne

This is a 69 SSRS and it came with 14 inch rallys. I just found the build sheet on top of the fuel tank and it says F70 14. Here's what I really want to know. Does it hurt anything to have 15's on back and 14's on front? Would the 15's on the rear help gas mileage or the ride any? Would it be more sluggish from a stop? Does it make any difference?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 04:45 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Yes will get a LITTLE better milage
You will have to change the speedo gear it will read 1 or 2% out...if a couple mph concerns you
yes will be a LITTLE more sluggish from "stop" but once again I doubt if you would notice it, and if you did you would be thinking" Im not sure, maybe.???? "

Thespare wheel could be a concern..make sure it is the same diam as the rear otherwise over a greater distance you could screw the hypod gears.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 10, 07:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
you sure on that? a few yrs ago ...I borrowed a friends 14" with stock drums and put on mine with stock disks nps.
I will recheck some of my rims but i think that the offsets were different (I will check to make sure) but I do know that they were coded differently for dealer fitments, good question steptoe! keeping me on my Toes!!

1967-69 Camaro Wheels
Year Type Brakes Code Size Application
---- ----- ------ ---- ---- -----------
1967 Steel Drum B 14x5 Base
Steel Drum FC 14x6 SS
Rally Disc DA 14x5 Base
Rally Disc DG 14x6 SS
Rally Disc DF 15x6 Z28

1968 Steel Drum FC 14x6 Base, SS
Steel Disc XF 14x6 Base, SS
Rally Drum XN 14x6 Base, SS
Rally Disc XG 14x6 Base, SS
Rally Disc DF 15x6 Z28

1969 Steel Drum FC 14x6 Base
Steel Disc XF 14x6 Base
Steel Disc XT 14x7 SS, COPO
Steel Disc IF 14x7 SS (observed on early LOS cars)
Rally Drum XN 14x6 Base
Rally Disc XG 14x6 Base
Rally Disc YJ 14x7 SS
Rally Disc AD 15x7 Z28 (early)
Rally Disc YH 15x7 Z28 (late)
"SS" Disc YA 14x7 SS RPO N66 *

* cancelled 1/8/69

Rodney

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in