New Wheels For MY 67 - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
WES

New Wheels For MY 67

I am putting new wheels on my 67 BLACK camaro. The wheels will be LIVEWIRES with redlines. I am having trouble choosing the center section. I like the look of black,but i am afraid of the fad dying...THOUGHTS..??? The interior is red,so the car really pops already!! I have talked to Frank at Prodigy and Jason at Rushforth they are awsome guys.!!!!!

Last edited by WES 1967 yenko clone; Mar 10th, 10 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Missed a thought
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 06:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Re: New Wheels For MY 67

I would not worry about the fad dying really... black centers have been around and popular since the 80's at least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 07:27 AM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Good choice on the wheel,I'd re-think the centers though.
With a black car,consider either the gun-metal or smoked titanium,the wheels will stand out more than black,especially when spinning.

The redlines will work well with your interior...

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
WES

YEAH...i almost was going to see i they could do the gray in the clear ,just to tone the shine down . Not to dark ,not to light.??
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 09:54 AM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

The gun metal centers will work very well with your car...trust me.
Now you gotta choose between flat or gloss finish,I chose flat grey for my Bonspeeds on my Chevelle:

Don't forget to have the hoops clearcoated,very easy to keep clean.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 09:57 AM
Senior Tech
Jess

Go semigloss dark grey or gunmetal for the centers.

Jess67
67 Camaro Blue 427, 4-speed, 12 bolt

67 Camaro 350, 200-4R, PS, AC, PB, IN PARTS
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 11:46 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

check out grandpa in the pic pointing and saying, honey you were concieved in one of those.
my dad says i was concieved in a 64 buick..

BILL D.
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!

if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 02:33 PM
Senior Tech
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKY69 View Post
check out grandpa in the pic pointing and saying, honey you were concieved in one of those.
U crack me up
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 03:15 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

LOL...they all point and stare,wheels get plenty of attention.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 10, 05:10 PM
Senior Tech
Jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKY69 View Post
Sparky, you aint right.

Jess67
67 Camaro Blue 427, 4-speed, 12 bolt

67 Camaro 350, 200-4R, PS, AC, PB, IN PARTS
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 10, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
WES

Thanks guys i guess its up to me now. Wes
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 10, 03:17 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

I agree with musclecarjohn for the most part, I think that the smoked titanium would look good or even the brushed centers. I have the brushed centers on my car but it is two tone silver and charcoal so the brushed makes it pop a little more on my car I think.

Good luck making your choice....and you are right, Jason is a good guy to work / talk with, you can't go wrong with Rushforth"s.

Steve
67 Camaro RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode