Anyone try the new M/T sportmans PRO'S - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 10, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Damian

Send a message via AIM to 69_OMEN_CAMARO
Anyone try the new M/T sportmans PRO'S

Im in the market for for a new rear street tire with a DOT stamp, and decent thread that last and can handle some rain if i had to, and actually have sum decent traction when fooling around (every1's dream tire yea i know haha)

I have M/T ET drags for the track, and for the street im just finishing off a set of M/T ET radials, those tires were good, but they wear too quick and they get almost undriveable in damp weather, wanted to try sumthing new, i have sportsman fronts and was thinking about the Sportman Pro's for the back, any1 have any experiance with them? the Pros supposely have a drag compound now, wrinkle walls and barley DOT approved (which i like the sound of) havent heard too much about them, i seen vega's with these 15" wide tires at the track using these and they were hooking and booking (single digit cars)

I just feel like trying them out so i can at least say i tried these tires for myself and be one of the few to review them. but any info on the tire would help!

69 camaro 427 (433)/F1-R procharger/Blow-thru E85 carb/th475/Gearvendors/FAB9 rear/calvert suspension
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 10, 03:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Re: Anyone try the new M/T sportmans PRO'S

I am not sure but your discription sounds like just plain sportsman not pros.I have 18.5-31-15 sportsman pros and wish I went just sportsman.I may be wrong.I am not fond of the pros spin first to second gear with no hook what so ever.

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 10, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Damian

Send a message via AIM to 69_OMEN_CAMARO

although its not on the M/T website, summit still list 5 different sportsman series tires

these are the 1's im talking about that iam very interested in: M/Tmickey thompson sportsman PRO
Bias-ply, barly DOT approved, TUBES required! "they have a drag racing compound for better traction, and a two-ply wrinkle wall carcass for better suspension reaction"

there is just regular sportsman, which i just realized that they only make 29" and up tires, so forget my original comparison...

but i also see these and they SOUND good any1 try the M/T Indy profile S/S tires?
Bias-ply, DOT approve, no tube required, "hot and sticky drag compund that gets almost as soft as a drag race slick when the tire heats up, giving you plenty of traction"

and last there is the M/T sportsman "I" tires:
Bias-ply, 4-ply sidewall DOT aprrove, no tube required, interlocking "I" thread pattern "that girps any surface", most thread dept

if u have used any of these 3 tires i would like ur input on them, streetmanners? highway? traction or street or strip? thanx guys...

69 camaro 427 (433)/F1-R procharger/Blow-thru E85 carb/th475/Gearvendors/FAB9 rear/calvert suspension

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 10, 06:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

I think the Indy's look nice and sound better than the Pro's...JMO...

PRO.ST69orange

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode