wheels affect opinion? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 10, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

wheels affect opinion?

I'm building a car to sell, and have to decide on wheel and tires this week.
My question is, how would you feel if looking at the same car with diff. wheels? say foose legends, vs coys c5 vs Boss 338? wheels along these lines..
boss and coys...about $600 cheaper than Foose.

if you were looking at a car worth about 30k would you think" look at those cheap *** (insert brand) wheels?

by cheap I mean relative to each other, maybe another question...if you see Foose wheels does it leave a better impression as to the quality of the build?

also, anyone know of a Foose dealer near columbus or cleveland Oh.?
Cincinnati is the closest I found so far.
found a boss dealer in delaware ohio

69RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 10, 02:59 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Garage
Re: wheels affect opinion?

if its not mini tubbed or pro-touring car, I think your best bet is a clean set of rallye's with a good set of tires. They always look good and dont turn anyone off. Plus they are easy to sell if the new buyer wants custom wheels.
Scott

69 RS LS3/T56
68 Firebird vert LS1/4L60E
67 RS LS2/T56
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 10, 03:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Send a message via MSN to Mike_M

Personally, I like the Boss 338's and the Coys better than the Foose, if I were buying a car with Foose wheels I'd probably want to change them, possibly the Coys as well, the Boss I might keep. I like Foose as a car designer, and he seems like a really cool guy, but I don't really care for the wheels that carry his name. It's all personal preference, I wouldn't personally spend the extra money unless you're doing it for yourself. That might be a good point about the rally wheels above.

Mike...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 10, 05:49 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06vette View Post
I think your best bet is a clean set of rallye's with a good set of tires. They always look good and dont turn anyone off.
Scott
X2. Some people don't like the 'wagon wheel' look. If you put them on your car you're the only one who has to like them. If you want to sell the car something more conventional might be in order.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 10, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I can see the ralley option on a stock car for sure, but I'll try to put up a pic of the car..it's lowered, global west stuff, 4 wheel disc, everything on the engine is polished alum. RS front and rear.

69RS

Last edited by skip99; Jun 20th, 10 at 06:41 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 10, 07:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Yeah... rally wheels may not go that well on there... maybe talk to John at Driverz Inc, (http://www.driverzinc.com/index.html) I'll bet he'd be able to set you up with something really nice in your budget. He posts on here regularly, I haven't dealt with him myself but lots of other people on here have, and he seems like a pretty good guy. A car like that needs a nice set of wheels, I see your point about the Boss and the Coys, they may not really fit the style of the car. Driverz Inc. is a Foose dealer as well, but also have a lot of other pro-touring style wheels that may suit the car even better.

Mike...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 10, 10:27 PM
Senior Tech
Jess

I would do a dark charcoal or black inset wheel. JMO....

Jess67
67 Camaro Blue 427, 4-speed, 12 bolt

67 Camaro 350, 200-4R, PS, AC, PB, IN PARTS
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 06:07 AM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
Yeah... rally wheels may not go that well on there... maybe talk to John at Driverz Inc, (http://www.driverzinc.com/index.html) I'll bet he'd be able to set you up with something really nice in your budget. He posts on here regularly, I haven't dealt with him myself but lots of other people on here have, and he seems like a pretty good guy. A car like that needs a nice set of wheels, I see your point about the Boss and the Coys, they may not really fit the style of the car. Driverz Inc. is a Foose dealer as well, but also have a lot of other pro-touring style wheels that may suit the car even better.
Have to go with Mikey, here. Too far from stock for rallye's.

capt

Bumper sticker- I'm not SPEEDING
I'm QUALIFYING!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 07:02 AM
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to Satatic

The black boss 338 would be great unfortunately unless you like 4x4 f-bodys they dont fit. I had to get them in 5x4.5. The wheel lips themselves on the 5x4.75s sit under the wheel well lips. That doesnt even count tires.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

you say the boss 338 won't fit? is that because they only come in certain offsets? I remember a guy at goodguys saying I couldn't get a 20 x 10 boss under a camaro, but I actually put a 20x 10 coy under the car ( borrowed it from a buddy)
but they say a boss 18 or 20 x 9? will fit..

funny to see the comments about the black inset's! I have 2 photo shop images of the car on the wall, one with chrome wheels and one with black,
I kinda like the black, especially, since I am blacking all the chrome above the green.
but wife and kids seem to like a little bling..

please keep comments coming, it helps!!

and thanks for pointing out driverzinc. nice looking stuff, I'll call today.
I was just really hoping for someone close so I could just trailer the car there and be sure..

69RS
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 08:33 AM
Senior Tech

Yes. My first set i got 20x10 for the rear and 18x8 for the front. Both had the wheel lips under the wheel well lips. I ended up sending my rear axles and front hubs to moser and having a 4x4.5 pattern drilled into them. There is some difference with my car though i have drum brake front hubs. They have a bit different offset then the disk brake hubs. I'm not sure if its more or less or even significant.

My rears have a +35mm offset making their BS 6.816inches I would prefer a 7inch bs on 10 inch wheel.

My fronts have a +14mm offset making their BS 4.989.

Another issue I ran into was using c5 brakes. Bother front and rear required significant grinding of the caliper. The front I stuck a 5/16 spacer in there for a little more clearance. Which decreased my BS and I am really considering grinding more off the calipers because I could really use the BS I lost by using that spacer.

A lot of people say 4.5 inch bs for 8 inch wheels. 5 inch is what you really need to shoot for. Then you have to consider your tie-rods. 5 inch BS is fine for an 18 inch wheel. 17, probably not.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 08:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Is it minitubbed? If not, I'm thinking something like a Rushforth Superspoke, 18x8, in front with a 245/40 and a 18x9.5 in back with a 275 tire would set it off nicely, in a polished or brushed lip with a gunmetal or titanium center:

Not sure how pricey those are, though.... they look kinda expensive.

Mike...

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 09:09 AM
Senior Tech

I took some pics. There are some alignment issues. I dont know what its called but the tops of my front wheels need to go outward more so right now I have more clearance than I should. Will be getting sc&c adjustable a-arms someday to fix it. I have no springs in the front just a 2x4 laying across the lower a-arm, I took it out for the pics and am adjusting it with a jack under the frame.

Then I was trying to lower it more and my jack slipped out and it dropped as low as the inner wheel well against the upper a-arm would let it. It happened before paint already so it didnt do any damage.

As far as my fingers will go in
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 10, 09:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Frank from Prodigy Customs just posted something that may be of interest to you: https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181291

Mike...

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 10, 03:48 PM
Senior Tech

I don't like the Boss wheels for that same reason, their offsets push the wheels too far out board.

After seeing the car, I like the the idea of a black or grey centered wheel. I hate to say it, but its SO VERY TRUE, wheels are going to make or break that can, and a set of nice billet wheels, or something similiar would really 'make' that car for me. Chrome wheels would kill it. Foose Legends come in Grey, so that is an affordable option, but I think if we did some Rushforth's in 17s, or something similiar like a NewGen Dominator, (which in 17s are only 1500.00 bucks, we could really make that car look "right".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode