Wheel Bolt circle - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 10, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Wheel Bolt circle

This is driving me crazy!
I keep seeing 5x4-3/4" & 5x4-1/2"
What is the wheel bolt pattern or circle for a 1969 Camaro 12-bolt rear end?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 10, 04:40 PM
Senior Tech
mike

Re: Wheel Bolt circle

5 on 4 3/4 at least thats what my 67&6810 bolt rear is...5 on4 1/2 is a ford thing i think ...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 10, 04:42 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Thumbs up Re: Wheel Bolt circle

Almost all mid-sized GM (Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette, some ChevyII/Nova) were 5 X 4 3/4" (5 lug on a 4.750" circle ...)
Same 4 3/4" pattern for most 10 (8.2~8.5") and 'car' 12-bolts.
Most mid~full size Ford (and most trailer patterns) are 5 X 4 1/2" ... as are many Chrysler products over the years
Lots of 'if-and-but' exceptions to that, depending on year, option & ect. - but it's a good starting place ...

Sorry - Mike types faster than me ... but so does most every one else

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 10, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks guys, I did some more research & I think your right 5 x 4-3/4"

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 10, 04:53 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro434 View Post
Thanks guys, I did some more research & I think your right 5 x 4-3/4"
That is correct...

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 10, 09:58 PM
Senior Tech

i know this is somewhat beyond the scope of the question at hand, but it might be useful to have if someone is doing some searching in the future..

as a general rule, any rwd GM car with 5 lug wheels since at least the 50's will be a 5X4.75" bolt pattern- up to and including the brand new Corvettes.
they used a 7/16" stud until '80, and went to a slightly bigger 12mm stud after that.
the new Camaro, Pontiac G8, and the 04-06 GTO use a slightly smaller bolt pattern, but the difference is on the order of half a millimeter smaller..
every S series truck ever built from '82 until they were phased out in '04 or so had the 5X4.75 bolt pattern.
the full size cars with HD suspensions (wagons, cop cars, etc) have the bigger 5X5" bolt pattern with a bigger center pilot hub diameter, and the 1/2 ton 2wd pickups up to '98 also used the 5X5 wheel bolt pattern. they had 1/2" studs up until the late 80's or early 90's, then i think they went to the same 12mm stud as the cars after that.

the smaller 5X4.5" bolt pattern was (and still is) popular in passenger cars with Ford (rwd cars and ranger trucks), Mopar (fullsize fwd like the LH series Intrepids and what not and all rwd cars including the new Chargers and Challengers), AMC, and trailer applications.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode