Trans-Am wheels - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 10, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
sako

Trans-Am wheels

Hey guys,
Im looking for wheels like the old school trans am wheels. I want them to look rugged and mean with maybe gun metal or smoke color with polish lip. But the only thing is that I need them in 17" because i will be doing the ls1 brakes all around. Anybody have suggestions? Check out samples below.

I like these but they are priceeeee

1969 SS camaro,emerald green with white hockey stripe.383 stroker with weiand supercharger.12 bolt 373 gears. 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 10, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
sako

Re: Trans-Am wheels

I love the way my wheels look with my car but they have to go. They will not clear the ls1 brakes. I have to replace my brakes because i need to know my car will stop on a dime. Safety first. I will be selling my wheels, if anyone is interested please let me know. Pm me or email me at [email protected]com

1969 SS camaro,emerald green with white hockey stripe.383 stroker with weiand supercharger.12 bolt 373 gears. 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 10, 03:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Check out these guys. I like 'em. http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/products/wheels/v48

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 10, 04:40 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

How about Newstalgia Wheels, one of our vendors. I just purchased a wheel and tire combo from them, couldn't be happier.

1969 Z28

1969 Firebird 400

My new project for 2010 DONE/ Sold.

2002 Camaro SS LE/SLP
67 Nova SS 327, M20, 3.73
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 10, 08:58 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33D80 View Post
The V48 is the Minilight replica wheel and they do make nice,quality wheels....I own a set of straight-spoke V40's and I love them.

Phil Schmidt also make plenty of vintage wheels,but expect to pay.

For a budget wheel,check out www.rocketracingwheels.com ...

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 10, 02:00 PM
Senior Tech
Rich

I like these http://www.etwheels.com/ac/
the LT-III style

69 R/S Z/28 302 X33 D80 late 09C
69 T/A clonification LS6-6speed under construction
15 ZL1
64 Chevelle wagon 6.0l planned sons toy
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 10, 08:12 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Great! Those LTIII wheels are just what I'm looking for to go on my next project. Love that old school minilite look. Thanks for the links guys!

Dave @ Camaro Specialties

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 10, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
sako

Man, i love those LTIII wheels. I just cant afford to spend 400 each wheel.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 10, 05:46 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

e-mail sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sako View Post
I love the way my wheels look with my car but they have to go. They will not clear the ls1 brakes. I have to replace my brakes because i need to know my car will stop on a dime. Safety first. I will be selling my wheels, if anyone is interested please let me know. Pm me or email me at [email protected]

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 10, 10:51 AM
Senior Tech
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by sako View Post
Man, i love those LTIII wheels. I just cant afford to spend 400 each wheel.
I feel your pain! but thats what my plan is, they do offer some cheaper 1 pc cast wheels in a few sizes that wont break the bank

69 R/S Z/28 302 X33 D80 late 09C
69 T/A clonification LS6-6speed under construction
15 ZL1
64 Chevelle wagon 6.0l planned sons toy
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 10, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
sako

Hey guys, Im thinking about getting these wheels till i can save up for some nice aluminum ones. I know they are heavy as hell but i need to get this thing back on the road. I like the way they look and might even just paint them gun metal or something. I need to know if they will fit and what size tires i can put on them. I do not like rubber band tires and want to know whats the tallest tires that would fit without rubbing issues.
front-http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3428834/
rear-http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3428934/

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode