pics requested of aftermarket rally wheel offset - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 10, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Lou

pics requested of aftermarket rally wheel offset

I looked through this forum and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I am going to buy 15 X 8 Rally wheels (aftermarket) with 4.75 backspacing. Was planning on putting either 255/60/15 or 275/60/15 on these rims. Can someone please post pic if you have this combo? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 10, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Lou

Re: pics requested of aftermarket rally wheel offset

I must have stupid questions because every time I post on here, either I get no response or very little responses. If there is a link to what I am looking for, please let me know. I looked through the 69 wheel combos and saw nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 10, 11:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

The 15x8 Corvette rally wheels (stamped "AZ") have 4.0" backspacing, and quite a few people are running the aftermarket 15x8 rally wheels that have 4.5" backspacing. The wheels with 4.5" backspacing are typically used only in the back. They are often combined with 15x7 rally wheels up front which have 4.25" backspacing.

I've never seen 15x8 rally wheels offered with 4.75" backspacing, but maybe you're planning to have a set custom-built in that size. I think you'll have better luck with the sizes mentioned above.

Last edited by JeffD; Aug 15th, 10 at 09:18 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 10, 06:33 AM
Senior Tech
Lonnie

You should experiment with the search feature to get better results, there have been tons of discussion on rallye wheels. I read through posts for hours researching this myself.

Looks wise, they are all about the same from the side view. The size of your tire will make the difference in clearance.

As said above, the 4.5" BS is probably the most common aftermarket size that fits best with a big tire.
a 4.75" BS will probably make contact on the inside wheel well with a 275 as some still do on a 4.5"

With a 235 or 245 tire, the stock 8" wheel offset of 4" is OK.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 10, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Lou

Thanks guys. First, my bad. I meant to say 4.5 backspacing, not 4.75. Based on all the infor I read on this site and talking to other guys, the 4.5 backspacing will give me the best option for putting largest tire on rear with stock suspension. I definetly do not want to go smaller than 255/60/15.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 10, 08:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Lou, what year is your car? On my 67 I am running 15x8 AZ rallys on the rear with 4.0" bs and 235/60-15. I think with more BS they would be scuffing the inside of the wheel house(trunk side) when using a wider tire such as 255/60-15. If the car is a 69 I think that may be different.

Measure carefully.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 10, 05:55 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Lou,

If you have the stock width rear (60") you will want 4.5 backset. If you have an 8.5" rear from a later camaro that is 1" wider than stock (like I have) you will need 5" backset. I had 275/50/15's on mine and had to roll the fender lip a little and had a very slight rub inside occasionally. I know that you are looking for photos of rallye's, but on the first page of the 69 wheel post there is a sweet silver/black 69 with 8"x4.5 backset TTII's with a 275/60/15 tire (the wheel width and more photo's are given later on in the thread). You can get an idea of the stance from those pics. BTW, mine are availible, pm me if interested.

Mike
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 10, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Lou

Melrose: My car is a 69. My buddy has a 69 with 15 X 8 (corvette rallys) mounted on 255/60/15. They don't rub , but stick out just a bit too much for me. That is why I wanted to go with the aftermarket 4.5 bs. It should bring wheel in where I want. But, I'm hoping it won't rub on inside. Mike, thanks for the lead. I will take a look!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode