18" Vintage Wheel Works line is finally available! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 10, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Thumbs up 18" Vintage Wheel Works line is finally available!

Finally available...Eli just emailed me.
You guys asked,come get 'em!

www.vintagewheelworks.com

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 10, 07:07 PM
Senior Tech
Darrin

Re: 18" Vintage Wheel Works line is finally available!

Too bad they can't make the 17's I order 6 weeks ago.

Join the NRA today.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 10, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfahy68 View Post
Too bad they can't make the 17's I order 6 weeks ago.
Really...what's the holdup?

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 10, 03:39 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Have they come out with the V-40 or 45 15x8 with 4.5 inch back space? They said it might be about a 1 1/2 years until they do.....that was about 1 1/2 years ago.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 10, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
Have they come out with the V-40 or 45 15x8 with 4.5 inch back space? They said it might be about a 1 1/2 years until they do.....that was about 1 1/2 years ago.
I would think they could offer any b/s you wanted...but what do I know.
Try [email protected] and see what he says...

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 10, 08:07 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarjohn View Post
I would think they could offer any b/s you wanted...but what do I know.
Try [email protected] and see what he says...
Asked about 1 1/2 years ago and they can't in the 15 inch wheel. They said they were thinking of coming out with a 4.5 inch back space 15 inch V40 and 45. I hope they do. Team III is an option and so is American but I like the V40's and 45's over those options.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 10, 08:08 PM
Senior Tech
Darrin

Wish I knew...Vintage is currently out of V40 for GM bolt pattern. I ordered from a certain distributor on here 6 weeks ago, and have gotten no response in a month. Yes, I'm quite annoyed. And the fact that they charged my credit card and now will not return my phone calls or emails is unacceptable. So what do I do? I've turned it over to Citibank to resolve.

I'm ready to buy rims. Anybody out there want to do business?

Quote:
Really...what's the holdup?

Join the NRA today.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 10, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfahy68 View Post
Wish I knew...Vintage is currently out of V40 for GM bolt pattern. I ordered from a certain distributor on here 6 weeks ago, and have gotten no response in a month. Yes, I'm quite annoyed. And the fact that they charged my credit card and now will not return my phone calls or emails is unacceptable. So what do I do? I've turned it over to Citibank to resolve.

I'm ready to buy rims. Anybody out there want to do business?
If you want to go 18's,it sounds like the only source for the time being will be direct.

I do all my wheels w/Jon Henson over @ www.driverzinc.com and would highly recommend both him & Justin.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 10, 03:58 PM
Senior Tech
Jason

Quote:
If you want to go 18's,it sounds like the only source for the time being will be direct.

I do all my wheels w/Jon Henson over @ www.driverzinc.com and would highly recommend both him & Justin.
Same here! Jon is good people and will take care of you. I ordered my 17" V45's about 6 weeks ago too. He said they have to be built and it takes a little bit. I need to call him and see whats up.

Jason

1967 Camaro Yenko Pro Touring Tribute (being built)

Follow my build
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 10, 04:56 PM
Senior Tech
Jason

You know what? Its been OVER a month since the last post and I STILL have not recieved my V45's. I've called Jon several times and I'll I get is "Let me check on them and I'll call you" so far nothing.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Follow my build
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 10, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67YenkoJC View Post
You know what? Its been OVER a month since the last post and I STILL have not recieved my V45's. I've called Jon several times and I'll I get is "Let me check on them and I'll call you" so far nothing.

Anyone else having the same problem?
I'll email him now and see if I can get you an answer...

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 10, 01:13 PM
Senior Tech

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the delayed customer service on my end. I've been SUPER swamped with some business development stuff. (New website, new NewGen Wheels, etc.) but no excuses as to why I haven't gotten back to you.

Eli from Vintage emailed me on Friday saying your wheels are ready for pick up. I have a driver going out that way (Anaheim) to pick wheels tomorrow and will swing by and pick your set up as well, and we'll mount and balance and ship them all by Thursday I'm sure.

I hope you are happy with the other parts you odered from us, CPP, and Hotchkis, and if you need anything else, let us know. Give Justin a call in Sales. He has more time then I do nowadays. LOL.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 10, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

And there you have it...

Thanks Jon for jumping in...

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 10, 05:20 PM
Senior Tech
Jason

WOW! Great news! Thank you guys so much. I want to make sure they are the V45's, 17x8 frnt, & 17x9.5 rear to fit 1st Gen Camaro!!

Also, I'll be back home for the season next week and I'll call you. The body shop said the 2 disc brakes I sent back to CPP came BACK to the body shop. I dont know why, but we'll figure it out when I get home.

Thanks
Jason

Follow my build
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 10, 05:18 AM
Senior Tech
Jason

Hey Jon, Just want to check in with you. Still no wheels yet.

Jason

Follow my build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode