'69 Rally Wheel help - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

'69 Rally Wheel help

I have 15" Rally Wheels on my '69. I'm thinking of going to 14 x 7 Rallys. I have front disc brakes. Are there any issues w/ 14" wheels and disc brakes? Were there rallys for drum cars and rallys for disc cars, and if so, what's the difference ? Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 / 350 / TH350 / 3.73 posi / driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 08:49 AM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

Re: '69 Rally Wheel help

yes 14x7 for disk brake cars and 14x6 for drum only.... or you could just buy 15 inch corvette rally which seems to be the norm.

The only time I get 14x7 is for SS or disc brake cars and looking for originality only, these are the 5 spoke rims that you woud find on 1970 Chevelles, 69 SS Camaros.

This is not my add but for reference only....

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/1979856242.html

Jeff
69 Verts
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 10:06 AM
Kevin

You could get 14x6 for discs, see CRG info http://www.camaros.org/suspen.shtml#Wheels

Basically the inner hub on drum rims did not clear the calipers. I hear MCB had disc kits with calipers that will clear drum rims.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Okay, just so I'm clear on this: if I buy 14 x 7 rims, I should not have any issues with them fitting on my '69 with front disc brakes ? Thanks guys !

1969 / 350 / TH350 / 3.73 posi / driver
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 10, 04:17 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

You can look for the code YJ next to the valve stem and you would have THE 14" rims for the disc brake cars on 69. All 69 SS cars had discs and had these rally's on them. They also have 14x7 stamped on them. I think this stamp was on the inside of rim if tire was mounted you would not see it. I could be wrong thou...

Scott

69 RS/SS X22 51-51 Dusk Blue coupe in resto......still.
69 X11 355 ci M22 3:73 12 bolt...current driver
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 10, 07:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

YJ are 69 14x7 ralleys
YA are 69 14x7 SS 5 spoke wheels, these only were an option for a short time on Camaros. Also came on SS Chevelles and Novas.

Both will clear the calipers.

The codes are by the valve stem hole, here is an example

The Month of manufacture is to the left of the hole and the Day of manufacture is to the right of the hole.
Then to the right of the day, the two letter code designating the application. In this case YH or 15x7 z/28 wheel.
This wheel was made on 12-18-68. The K18 to the left of the 12 designates wheel manufacturer (K- Kelsey Hayes), Plant (1- Romulus, MI) and Year Manufactured (8 or 1968)

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode