Rally rims ? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 10, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Lex

Rally rims ?

I am planning on purchasing new Rally rims for my 68. I wanted a heads up for what information i might need. I always wanted Rally rims, they look great. I see that some look different then others, whats the difference ? I am looking at these on EBay, but would like some more advise. Also what size can i fit on my 1st gen 68 ? Can i possibly go 15x10, or do i need to do something special first ? I do like the 17 inch look ? Any advise would be helpful.
Also my front brakes are disk brakes, that might make a difference depending on what the previous owner did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-15...TruckQ5fWheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

68 Camaro / 400 ci / 3.73 10 /
Edelbrock Performer Series 600 cfm no. 14054
Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold 27014

98 GMC Suburban / 454 V8 / K2500 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lexlas; Oct 26th, 10 at 02:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 10, 11:57 AM
Senior Tech
Alan

Re: Rally rims ?

Lex, there are quite a few venders of ralley wheels. These guys are in Morro Bay.

http://www.earlywheel.com/rallywheels.html

I got the wheels in satin black and then rattle canned them with the Duplicolor Silver (Dull Aluminum) that is really really close to Argent Silver.

They can probably help you with correct backset and diameter which will work the best on your car.

alan
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 10, 12:26 PM
Senior Tech
Terry

Re: Rally rims ?

GM Ralley wheels are high quality. Stay away from Pete Paulson's imported ralley wheels. Made the mistake of buying a set from him at a SF Bay Area swap meet. When I had Firestone mount tires on them they asked me to look at the rims as they were balancing them. The most outer edge of the rim on all four wheels went in and out as the wheel was spun on the balance machine. The derby covers were chromed plastic. I have owned 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 corvettes, 67 & two 68 Chevelle Super Sports (3). All had original GM ralley wheels with steel derby covers and high quality rims. No issues. Easy to remove and install GM derby covers. The best way to put the GM derby covers on is with one whack with a heavy rubber mallet dead center. Pulling them off is easy, just grab the steel derby with two hands and yank it off the rim. The only after market ralley wheels I'd consider are Wheel Vintiques. JMO. There are probably other companies that offer a quality ralley.I wouldn't go on someone's word unless they purchased them and had them on their car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode