anyone running wilwood brakes w/ 17" or 18" rally wheels? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 10, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
K.P. Walsh

anyone running wilwood brakes w/ 17" or 18" rally wheels?

I have a '69 with new 18" wheels. The wheels are similar to torque thrust 2 type. i want them switched out for 17" steel rally wheels. with the wilwood brakes I have 2.5" from rotor to inside wheel clearance. I have not had them off to measure but seem to be 12 or 13" rotor. what kind of brakes are possible with the 17" rally wheels. at this point I am just trying to see if I can go down 1" and swap to a rally style wheel and keep the brakes.

kevin p...................
1972.5 Camaro!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 05:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

Re: anyone running wilwood brakes w/ 17" or 18" rally wheels?

I don't have ralleys but I do have 17'' torque thrust II's on my wilwoods. Why would you want to cover them up. I wanted mine to show through the rims. Had them powder coated red to go with my red car.

ucdog aka Bill
1969 Camaro Z28 "recreation",350 sb,tko 600, 12 bolt/410, 4 wheel Wilwood disc brakes, and 17" Tourqe Thrust rims.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
K.P. Walsh

what brakes fit w/ 17" or 18" rally wheels ?

its not so much that i am trying to cover up the brakes, just looking for a more correct looking wheel style. I just aquired the car and the wheels are literally brand new, tire stickers still on tread. I want different wheels, I just do not know what wheels work with these bigger brakes on front. I have seen posts with some 17" steel rally wheels. such as this pasted picture off old post.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...g/119_1918.jpg
this is more of what I have pictured for my car. would trade straight across wheels / tires for a set of these assuming they would work. I am not 100% sure. I'll be in contact with wilwood to see what they can tell me.
I posted here to see what 17" wheels you all are running and what brakes are working with the 17". I am certain 16" would be too small for these brakes. I have 2.5" room from rotor to rim clearance with 18" on now.

kevin p...................
1972.5 Camaro!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 09:47 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Re: anyone running wilwood brakes w/ 17" or 18" rally wheels?

Without any personal experience - but what I have heard with the bigger steel rally wheels is that the inner hoop is the same dimension as the 15", and they just grew it out from there so that it is now a 16 or 17. Double check me on that, but if it's true, you'd be limited on which brakes you could fit behind it.

Wheel Vintiques makes a billet aluminum 17 & 18 rally wheel. Get out your wallet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode