What Car Are These Rally Wheels Off? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

What Car Are These Rally Wheels Off?

These are my Rally wheels that I bought in 1986. Just curious what car they are off.

Thanks

Grandma, 69.5, Z/28 Finally Done! Well almost...

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 05:40 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Re: What Car Are These Rally Wheels Off?

Here's a list of codes but I don't know how accurate it is. One of yours looks like "FW" which seems to be just a GM service replacement for '71 and up, no specific application.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...ly-wheels.html

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 05:40 PM
Senior Tech
Vic

GM part number tags attached fits Chevrolet 1969 Camaro with disc brakes front and rear, Camaro (302,z28), 1970-75 Monte Carlo with rally wheel, 1974-75 Chevelle with rally wheel except the Station Wagon

Vic
1969 Camaro SS

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I am pretty sure that they are marked YS. If that chart is correct then they would be from a 1968 -70 El Camino.

My Build Thread

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 06:05 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Yeah, I see the YS on two of them now that you mention it. The only one I could make out when first skimming it was the second pic which is an FW.

'69 Camaro
500hp/538lbft

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
Yeah, I see the YS on two of them now that you mention it. The only one I could make out when first skimming it was the second pic which is an FW.
Going to sand blast the wheels soon so I will be able to see better. 2 of the wheels appear to be YS, 1-FW and the other one not sure yet. either way no matching set and not specific to any Camaro. Not original to the car either, but I was just curios if I had some desirable Z28 wheels that someone might need. They look good on the Grandma anyway!

My Build Thread

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 06:27 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Yeah, the FW is an inch wider so if you're going to buy new trim I don't know if you'll have to mix and match. I've got a whole stack of FW's in the corner of my garage right now. They're black though.

'69 Camaro
500hp/538lbft

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Yeah, the FW is an inch wider so if you're going to buy new trim I don't know if you'll have to mix and match. I've got a whole stack of FW's in the corner of my garage right now. They're black though.
Wow Strange all 4 look the same to me. I will measure them and see whats up?

My Build Thread

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 06:35 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28freak View Post
Wow Strange all 4 look the same to me. I will measure them and see whats up?

I'm just going by the Covette thread and like I said, I don't know how accurate it is. I know my FW's are 7" though. The fit real well all the way around with a 235/60 tire.

'69 Camaro
500hp/538lbft

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 10, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Hey Steiner you were right. I just measured them. 2-FW -8 Inch, 2-YS-& inch. That would explain why I have 2 different tire sizes. I guess I never really paid that close attention. Thanks for the heads up. Now I know what I've got. Going to blast them and paint them. Any paiting tips would be appreciated. Like what is the proper color. Do theu clear on top or any special prep? Also does the entire wheel get preped and painted or just the business side?

My Build Thread

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 10, 05:05 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

The "business" side is Argent silver #16. Most of the after market sells the correct semi silver spray paint. The inside is a gray color and that too is available. I think Autozone sells the silver as well. If you want to gloss it up you can clear coat them. I have 8" Vette rally's on my 69 RSSS vert with the short 67 caps with 245-60 on the back and 235-60 on the front. I cleared the wheels to give it a little more bling.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 10, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camaro Guy View Post
The "business" side is Argent silver #16. Most of the after market sells the correct semi silver spray paint. The inside is a gray color and that too is available. I think Autozone sells the silver as well. If you want to gloss it up you can clear coat them. I have 8" Vette rally's on my 69 RSSS vert with the short 67 caps with 245-60 on the back and 235-60 on the front. I cleared the wheels to give it a little more bling.
Nice, thanks Bruce. I don't think we have Autozone up here, but I think I know where I can get it. I assume we are talking spray bomb.

My Build Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode