67 vs 68 Question - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage
67 vs 68 Question

Does anyone know if the the suspension/tire/wheel combos are compatible between the 67's and 68's? Maybe that's poorly worded.

One of the upgrades I'm looking to do this winter will be a suspension upgrade and new tire/wheel combo.

I guess the question is this: If I see a suspension/tire/wheel combo on a '68, will it also work on a '67 or are there different clearance issues between the two years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 12:35 PM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

Re: 67 vs 68 Question

Hi Brent, Should be the same for 67-69 Camaros for stock setups. Suspensions are the same except for rear ends mono vs mulit leaf setup but that should not affect tire/wheel combinations.

Jeff G.
69 Verts
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude67 View Post
Hi Brent, Should be the same for 67-69 Camaros for stock setups. Suspensions are the same except for rear ends mono vs mulit leaf setup but that should not affect tire/wheel combinations.

Jeff G.
69 Verts
Thanks, I've been doing a ton of searches for the right ride height and tire/wheel combo. I like to go into these purchases somewhat educated.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 12:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Larry

You might want to stick with 67 and 68 because the 69s have different fenders and quarters. I have read that the 69 has a little more room and the wheel opening in the quarters is a little different. One thing I would recommend you consider is whether you will retain the stock brakes because future upgrades can change things. When I installed front discs from CPP it moved the wheels out about a 1/2".

68 RS Coupe 355/350 TH, Detroit Speed, Hotchkis, Vintage Air, 8.5" 3.42 posi 10-bolt, MagnaFlow 2 1/2" exhaust, etc.

"The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men."
Samuel Adams
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 10, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryh56 View Post
You might want to stick with 67 and 68 because the 69s have different fenders and quarters. I have read that the 69 has a little more room and the wheel opening in the quarters is a little different. One thing I would recommend you consider is whether you will retain the stock brakes because future upgrades can change things. When I installed front discs from CPP it moved the wheels out about a 1/2".
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be doing a disc brake conversion in the near future, they are drums right now.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 10, 05:33 PM
Tech Team
Sean

I did the same upgrade from CCP, and afterwards my 225-70R 15"s which did not rub at all...started rubbing on the top of the inner fenderwells. lucky for me it was time to replace the front tires anyway, and I went with a shorted tire size.

1967 CAMARO SS/RS 350
4 SPD CONVERTIBLE
TRIPLE BLACK
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 10, 08:52 AM
Senior Tech
mike

i remember something about shocks being different from 67-68 staggered?...different diameter...sorry dont remember ,but know there is something...i think i had to drill out a hole on traction bars on my 67 cause i ordered for 68 as 67 wasnt listed in catalogue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode