Finally ordered Wheels!! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Finally ordered Wheels!!

Well i bought wheels after years wondering what I wanted. Basicly I want vintage wheel works 40's. After a number of phone calls they just don't have the back space size I want in a 15x8. They tell me one will happen but it's not happening yet.

I was going American Torque Thrust D but just could not get past the back space issue of 3 7/8 like vintage for the rear. American came out with 4.5 back space for the 8 inch wheel but the price is so close to Vintage that i can't see spending the money on what i just really don't want.

A wheel that really caught my eye is the crager eliminator. I love the look and it's not a wheel you see on everything.....kinda the way I like to do things. So until they make vintage 40 with 4.5 back space I just bought 4 cragers. Two 15x7 with 4.25 back space will get 225/60/15 in front and two 15x8 that I will try a 275/60/15 on but will most likey end up with a 255/60/15. I really hope the 275 will work out but I don't think it will. It's going to worth the try though.

All four wheels delivered from Summit are $512.00!!!! The 67 is at RamAirDaves shop the Muscle Car Guys in Little Rock. Dave does not like the wheel and would like to see the torque thrust or vintage 40's on it. I hope they look good. I think the wheel looks great and i can't wait to see what they look like on the car in the next few months. Tire are an expense right now that will have to wait. I need to pay Chris and Dave before making that purchace

Here is the Crager:

For those of you that don't know what my 67 looks like here is shot on the body cart. It's going Gloss on top where the flat is at and the Prowler orange on the bottom.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 04:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Re: Finally ordered Wheels!!

I think they will look good, haven't those in a long time.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 04:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Awesome contrast!!! Thats going to look sick

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

If they had a bolt on center cap with the ears like the 40's or torque thrust D's they would be my 1st choice!! A flat cap would be very cool on these bolted on.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

I am expecting a post anytime now from Dave giving me hard time after seeing the e-mail he sent me!!! Those valve covers are lookin bad azz Dave!!

-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 05:21 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Send a message via AIM to RamAirDave

Dude. I restored and installed the PERFECT wheels for that car this evening and sent you the pics.

Driving a #s-matching Z in the rain..... and lovin' it....
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 05:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mr. Tibbs

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder

Joe.. I like the wheels you chose but I can tell you the 15x275 is what came on one of my 69's and the only way they worked without rubbing was with air shocks and the car up in the air . I went to 17s and got a 275 on the back with the car lowered and no problems .

If you are ever thinking about putting some nice brakes on your ride you will be seriously limited with 15's

" Burn rubber not your Soul "
Camaro,Camaro,Camaro,Camaro
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 05:35 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

THESE are THE wheels that are going on the car. Sorry, Joe. You have no say in this decision.

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

I have said before the wheels from your 70 Z just don't look good on my 67. I know you want others to come to the pink side but I just don't see it man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAirDave View Post
THESE are THE wheels that are going on the car. Sorry, Joe. You have no say in this decision.

-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 07:20 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
I have said before the wheels from your 70 Z just don't look good on my 67. I know you want others to come to the pink side but I just don't see it man!!
C'mon, man. Really? Those pink wheels on my orange car? Now that would just look silly

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 09:30 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Seriously they really clash with that orange. (sorry Dave I can't back you on this one.) But I'll take a set in 22x9 for for my truck. Although that is one way to make sure your shop wheels don't roll away.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 10, 09:32 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Oh and Joe that is going to be one bad A$$ looking car when it's done.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 10, 04:37 AM
Senior Tech
Jess

I like your car.... Love the flat back on the top!!! The wheels will look great. I looked at the Cragar SS wheels with the black inset for my next car....

Jess67
67 Camaro Blue 427, 4-speed, 12 bolt

67 Camaro 350, 200-4R, PS, AC, PB, IN PARTS
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 10, 07:01 AM
Senior Tech
Doug

Love the Wheel you picked. Will look really nice.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 10, 09:09 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

I like them. Let us know your 275 experience.

Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv therapy program, Autogear M22, 8-pt cage, with a new 410! SOLD
New therapy program - 68 Coupe. Will be survivor exterior, modern underpinnings! SOLD
67 Belair with perfect floors, pinchwelds and firewall. Hmmm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode