I can't make up my mind. Tire questions. - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 10, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Christopher

I can't make up my mind. Tire questions.

When I purchased my 67 it had actual Magneseum slot wheels.

They were 14 inch. Not bad, but not great. I want to move up tp 17 inch rims, which has increased my options.

Can anyone tell me what the Metric measurement for the bolt spacing would be?
I actually like the BBS look for the German Camaro in the Wheels and Tires blog, but I need the Metric measurement so I could order them.

I am using 15in Rally wheels now,

and a possibility is the new Forged Rally Wheels, but I am afraid I may end up with Torq Thrusts.
That would not be the worst, it just seems like allot of people have them!

or

Follow my build here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Balanced 350, Eagle rotating assy, Mahle Flat top Forged pistons, AFR 195 cylinder heads, AFR Hydrorev kit, Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Cam, comp Pro Mag Ultra Roller Rockers, Edelbrock AirGap RPM Manifold.
Live to rev!

Last edited by psy4s; Nov 27th, 10 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 10, 08:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Re: I can't make up my mind. Tire questions.

Std. Chevy bolt pattern is 5 x 4.75 inches.

Dave

Known to run with scissors....
1969 Camaro Z/28 "clone", GMPP ZZ383, Autogear M22W, Moser 12bolt w/TruTrac 3:73.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 10, 08:35 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

5 x 120.65mm

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 10, 09:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
joseph l clance

if your thinking of going 17, consider going 18! there's much more tire selection in 18 vs. 17.

69 X-44 base coupe, ZZ4, 16lb nodular flywheel, Center force DF clutch + PP, Holley 600DP, Hooker super comp 1 3/4 ceramics, 2.5" dual exhaust w/ X-pipe, flowmaster 40 series mufflers.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 10, 09:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe clance View Post
if your thinking of going 17, consider going 18! there's much more tire selection in 18 vs. 17.
I agree. If you're thinking 17's you'll be wishing you went 18's down the road. JMPO...

Matt

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 10, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
5 x 120.65mm
Thanks this is what I need. I really like the BBS wheels but when I tried to search their or any companies page If I put in for my car it goes to the same wheels everyone are using. I just want something that stands out, and is not just a flat cut out. I am looking to show off the powder coated Disk brakes as well.
I will also take the advise and look into 18's, since I have nothing at the moment I am open to any suggestions till the day I buy them.

Follow my build here:

Balanced 350, Eagle rotating assy, Mahle Flat top Forged pistons, AFR 195 cylinder heads, AFR Hydrorev kit, Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Cam, comp Pro Mag Ultra Roller Rockers, Edelbrock AirGap RPM Manifold.
Live to rev!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 11, 02:25 AM
Senior Tech
Pete

You cant mix and match 5 x 4.75 with metric sizes, you will have big problems. Only use wheels that come in 5 x 4.75. 5 x 120mm seems so close but it will cause very high stress on your wheel studs possibly causing them to break, please do not use 5 x 120 on your camaro.

Pete
1968 Camaro
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 11, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete68 View Post
You cant mix and match 5 x 4.75 with metric sizes, you will have big problems. Only use wheels that come in 5 x 4.75. 5 x 120mm seems so close but it will cause very high stress on your wheel studs possibly causing them to break, please do not use 5 x 120 on your camaro.
Thank you for the warning. I think I will go with 17" Torq Thrusts. They have a modist look, and come in the correct size.

Follow my build here:

Live to rev!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode