need 15" SS wheel opinions, suppliers & size - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 10, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
K.P. Walsh

need 15" SS wheel opinions, suppliers & size

I will be redoing my front steering & suspension over the winter and by spring & considering installing 15" SS type wheels. So far I see "ground up" sells the complete "kit" for $775.00. The other option I saw was "specialty wheel" who touts american made, however the same approximate setup with them is $915.00, I want best quality and the $100.00 isnt such a big deal. but are they all made by same company???

so far I see these 2 vendors selling similar wheels:
ground up, but only has 15X7 4.25" b/s.
specialty wheel has 15x7 4.25" (front) & 15x8 4.5" (rear) this I believe is the better choice.

1 - is there any issue with 4.25" B/s front if I want to keep the rubber mostly "in" as stock (not poking out too far) ? I had originally picked rally wheels with 4" front b/s and 4.5" rear b/s as I like the wheels that do not stick out but I really like the SS wheel look.
2- the vendor issue, I have heard varying stories with ground up. not confident plus the all 15x7 limitation.

just looking for some opinions, ideas, backspacing opinions. I have read through all 35 pages sticky and did'nt see alot of these SS wheels in there.

kevin p...................
1972.5 Camaro!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 10, 09:42 PM
Senior Tech
Dean

Re: need 15" SS wheel opinions, suppliers & size

Specialty is a great outfit I've bought the wheels for all my cars from them. I'm not sure who all they make wheels for but I do know they're made in the US because I pick them up at the plant in Portland. the caps and trim rings are imported though.

I'm going to put a set of 15x7 SS wheels in the backspacing you're talking about on my '69 when I get it done.they'll make you any backspace you want at little or no extra charge within the relm of what's possible.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 10, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
K.P. Walsh

15" SS wheel opinions, suppliers & size

I'll get the usa built wheels for sure, the brake setup I have is the CPP stock spindle with brembo caliper for stock location & 11" rotor. supposedly the CPP new version is no longer pushing out 1/2" so I'll have to confirm that and call wheel mfr. I basically dont want any excess track width, i like wheels that fit properly in the wheelwells as OE did. anyone else got the CPP setup recently ?

kevin p...................
1972.5 Camaro!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode