Fitment on my 67 - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 11, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Justin

Fitment on my 67

Im beginning to shop around for a set of wheels for the car. What im looking at is a wheel similar to the Ansen Sprint Wheels. I have been looking at a 15" wheel to fill the guard and looking at an 8" width wheel on the front and a 10" width on the back. Anyone with similar rim width on there cars? clearance problems? Not wanting to do any chopping or tubbing. Any one got a car with these wheels on? if so pics please...ive chosen these wheels in hope they will give the car an aggressive look and stance. Your guys opinions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 11, 08:22 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Re: Fitment on my 67

I've heard and seen 8's on the front and have even been told 9.5 will fit on stock first gens. Check out CarlC's camaro for 9.5 on all fours. For the rear 9.5 is the max width... I've been told. I purchased 17x8 front and 17x10 rear. Jason Rushforth himself told me that I'm pushing it on the 10" rear. The wheels were designed for a 69, which have different wheel opening allowing for a lil' more! But I couldn't pass up the deal! I'll have the tires mounted this weekend and will take some pics of the clearance issues.

Robert

68 Camaro SS... getting there!!
"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."
If I can only convince myself of this!

My slooow build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 11, 01:00 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67SSNZ View Post
Im beginning to shop around for a set of wheels for the car. What im looking at is a wheel similar to the Ansen Sprint Wheels. I have been looking at a 15" wheel to fill the guard and looking at an 8" width wheel on the front and a 10" width on the back. Anyone with similar rim width on there cars? clearance problems? Not wanting to do any chopping or tubbing. Any one got a car with these wheels on? if so pics please...ive chosen these wheels in hope they will give the car an aggressive look and stance. Your guys opinions?
Sorry, I thought you'd get a few more responses here. Unless someone chimes in, I don't think you're going to be able to tuck 15x10's under your fenders. If you aren't going to lower it, and you want the wheels to stick out a little, then I'm sure you can get them to fit. I know someone here must be running 15x10's on their Camaro.

Otherwise, like I said, 15x9 would fit fine.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 11, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBS6T8 View Post
I've heard and seen 8's on the front and have even been told 9.5 will fit on stock first gens. Check out CarlC's camaro for 9.5 on all fours. For the rear 9.5 is the max width... I've been told. I purchased 17x8 front and 17x10 rear. Jason Rushforth himself told me that I'm pushing it on the 10" rear. The wheels were designed for a 69, which have different wheel opening allowing for a lil' more! But I couldn't pass up the deal! I'll have the tires mounted this weekend and will take some pics of the clearance issues.

Robert
That would be great if you could get those pics up
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 11, 04:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Will do Justin. It's finally raining over here so I'm hoping by Sunday(monday for you), I can get some pics up.

Robert

My slooow build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 11, 09:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Justin, here are pics of the rear. I have just over a 1/2 inch clearance between tire and the inner well. The rear will be lowered 1 1/2 inches, maybe more. I don't think it will be a problem. I'll look at it some more tomorrow... too cold over here today!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (2).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	20757   Click image for larger version

Name:	005 (2).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	20758   Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	20759  

My slooow build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode