67 rear rim size and back spacing please - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 11, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

67 rear rim size and back spacing please

i just picked up a used 15 by 7 torque thrust 2 with new 195/60/15 bfg tires. i am now in need of a matching rear wheel. trying to decide between the 15 by 8 and 15 by 10. also i know the 255/ 60 will fit (what i have on it now with factory 15 rallies) but would like to know if a 275/ 60 would work. i know the 17" tt2 are using them but not sure if they will work on the 15" wheel. i also have a 79 trans am rearend under my car with there factory disc brakes. i think i read on here where this rearend is about 1/2 wider than the stock camaro. so back spacing on my car maybe be different. running the full hotchkis suspension which means car is a little lower than stock

thanks,
gerald

black 67 rs, factory power windows, a/c, deluxe interior, rear folding seat, tilt,power front disc brakes, speed warning, upgrades: four wheel disc brakes, factory tune port fuel inj., 700r4 over drive trans, electric cooling fans, 4:11 posi 12 bolt rear end, factory rated 300 hp 327,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 11, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Re: 67 rear rim size and back spacing please

how about running a 16 by 8 on rear?

black 67 rs, factory power windows, a/c, deluxe interior, rear folding seat, tilt,power front disc brakes, speed warning, upgrades: four wheel disc brakes, factory tune port fuel inj., 700r4 over drive trans, electric cooling fans, 4:11 posi 12 bolt rear end, factory rated 300 hp 327,
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 11, 06:32 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

I trial fit a 275/60/15 tire. I don't like the side wall...looks too high like truck tire not to mention mastercraft this is one of the uglyest tire I have ever seen.
My 67 is sitting on hotchkiss rear springs. The wheel is Crager elmininator and 15x8 with 4.5 inch backspace.
I am going to try some BFG 275/60/15's on the rear and see if I like them and see if they are little different in fit and looks. I think a 275 will work on my 67. It's possible it will rub going into parking lots at angles. I know a 255/60/15 will not be an issue. I wish I could get a 265/60/15 BFG.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 11, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

thanks for the pics. those 275's look nice. the 255's just look so skinny back there. but i hate rubbing.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 11, 09:54 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

I know what your saying....I have found a 265/60/15 but it'a not a BFG. I like the looks of the BFG's and 15 inch wheels!!

I was going 17 inch Vintage Wheel Works 48's and then wanted to go with them in 15 inch. They don't make them with the 4.5 inch backspace though. Then I found the Cragers and bought them on the spot!! I love the look of them, they appear to be a re-pop of Fenton or Radir wheels.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode