What is the closet size to stock 67 wheels and tires..? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 11, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member

Thumbs up What is the closet size to stock 67 wheels and tires..?

Well I have read the sticky thread on the tires... Ok I didn't get through all 41 pages but I tried. It looks like everyone is out there with large size rims and tires (over 15 inch wheels).

Here is my issue. I am putting my '67 camaro convertible back to stock as best as I can. There will be some minor differences from the factory.

One of the things that will be different is the wheel size. I know that the car originally came with 14 inch rims. I am going to go with a 15 inch rim. The reason being is that from what I am told the 15 inch tires are more available than the 14 inch ones. I was also looking to go with the Ralley Wheels with the trim rings and center caps. Sounds pretty standard so far. So what back space should I get. I want it to clear and not rub anywhere. I am also planning on the same tires all the way around. I don't want to run 15 x7 in the front and 15 x 8 in the rear, just 15 x 7's. I am thinking that from most of the post I have read that the 15 x 7's with a 4inch back space seem to clear pretty good. I am also looking to keep the wheel and tire under the car and not stick out from the wheel well. From what I could find out, in 67 the only cars that had the 15 inch wheels were the Z's.

Now the tires. I was looking at tire sizes for the 15 x 7 rims. What would be the closest size tire to the stock tire on the 67's... 195/70/15.... 215/70/15........ or 225/70/15 or maybe even a different size...

Anyway any info would be helpful The closer to the stock size the better....

thanks..

Brandan-

1969 Chevrolet Camaro 396 SS X-66

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode