Wheel & Tire Advice - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 11, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Brad

Wheel & Tire Advice

I ordered a set of American Racing TT II's for my '69. I am going with 18x8 4.75bs on the front and 18x9.5 5.5bs on the rear. My dilemma is with what tires I go with. I have ordered 245/40R18 for the front and 275/35R18 for the rear. I have also ordered the hotchis 2" springs for the front and 1.5" drop leafs for the rear. So here is my dilemma... I'm afraid that the 35 series sidewall will look too low profile for the car. Both front and rear tire diameters are 25.6", and if I were to go with the 275/40R18's in the rear, the diameter jumps up to 26.6" which would add 1/2" to the height in the rear. I have time to change the order while the wheels are being made, but cannot make up my mind on what I need to do. Any advice would be appreciated. What setup would look the best?

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 11, 12:01 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Wheel & Tire Advice

I went with a 40 series in the rear. You can always lower the rear a little more by installing aluminum block.

69 SS

69 project for my wife - SS 396, Glacier blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 11, 12:18 PM
Ross

Re: Wheel & Tire Advice

You could go to a 295/35/18 for a 26.1" diameter but clearance may be too tight. Though the 275/35/18 has the exact same sidewall height as the 245/40/18... the middle number is a percentage of the cross section.

Black Pro Street '67 SS.
Red/Black Vinyl Top '67 SS350.
Black '69 X77 Z28.
Green '96 Z28.
Black '01 SS.
Camaro enthusiast?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode