Where to get best price on VWW V45's? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 11, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Where to get best price on VWW V45's?

I'm looking at Vintage Wheel Works - V45 (16x8, 4.5" BS) and their website lists them for 249.95 ea. Anybody sell these cheaper?

I need to know how much $$$ I need to save.

Thanks.

1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 11, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Re: Where to get best price on VWW V45's?

Oh, I just found these for 228.00 ea on eBay (Fastlane Speed and Rod Shop)....

1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 11, 08:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dean

Garage

Fred,
Check here

http://driverzinc.com/

Fathom Green 69 RS Z/28 DZ302
And a few Hot Rods

The Camaro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Hot Rods

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 11, 08:48 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Driverz Inc was good and very patient with me (anxious customer) although I paid extra for tires they ultimately couldnt get and they never sent me refunded my money after three requests. I ultimately stopped pursuing it.

1969 Camaro SS
350/300 M20
12 Bolt 3:73 Posi

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 11, 06:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfirst 69SS View Post
Driverz Inc was good and very patient with me (anxious customer) although I paid extra for tires they ultimately couldnt get and they never sent me refunded my money after three requests. I ultimately stopped pursuing it.
DriverzInc is very good, you just have to stay on top of them. I think they are a small shop and get overwhelmed at times like a lot of the other small shops on here. Jon and Justin are both very knowledgable and they have great prices. I have gotten tires, wheels and brakes from them.

If they don't respond to PM's or e-mails, give them a call. If they owe you money, they'll refund it. I can't imagine they would rather have bad press than hold onto someone's money.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 11, 06:45 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Call VWW direct and talk with them. Years ago they used to have blems (cosmetic) wheels on their website. I have talked witht hem on the phone and asked about them, although it was few years ago and they had some in the size I was looking at.

Beware of the E-Bay places, make sure your check shipping cost. Some of those places are selling wheels at dicounted price and making it up on shipping, also make sure your check the shipping on all 4 wheels!! I have seen shipping cost come in over $125.00 on e-bay.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 11, 06:34 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
DriverzInc is very good, you just have to stay on top of them. I think they are a small shop and get overwhelmed at times like a lot of the other small shops on here. Jon and Justin are both very knowledgable and they have great prices. I have gotten tires, wheels and brakes from them.

If they don't respond to PM's or e-mails, give them a call. If they owe you money, they'll refund it. I can't imagine they would rather have bad press than hold onto someone's money.
I tried it all, calling, PM's and e-mails. It was only $50 or $60 but thats not the point. I don't think they intentionally didn't return the money I think it is like you said, maybe just to busy or overwhelmed at that point and I wasn't a priority. Prior to getting my wheels they were very helpful and patient with me, again I was over anxious as I had the car on jack stands and the timeline I was originally quoted wound up being 2 months longer, not their fault. Maybe they were just tired of hearing from meat that point.

1969 Camaro SS
350/300 M20
12 Bolt 3:73 Posi

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 11, 09:59 AM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post

Exactly. A customer actually emailed me this just today.

We're so swamped over here, and we're a Father, Son, and two part time employee business. Not to say we don't care about our customers, but in an industry (wheel biz) where profit margins are sub 20%, the only way to stay afloat is to try an do high volume, and keep it high. (Yeah, stupid right? Profit margin in wheels has greatly declined over the past 3 years with the rise of internet jockeys selling from their living room with ZERO overhead, but I digress). We're lucky to still be kicking and screaming, but sometimes the littlest of things fall through the cracks.. like a lug nut or two, or sometimes the wrong email gets typed into UPS for tracking info, because I'm typing like a rapped ape at 5:30 in the afternoon while the UPS driver is staring over my shoulder tapping his foot as if to say "lets go!".

If you need something, or we dropped the ball on a lug nut, or a 20 dollar refund, or whatever, PLEASE, I urge you to take a deep breath, give us a call, and be as patient and as cool as possible, and we'll be happy to take care of it. We've never shied away from our responsibilites, and try to step up to the plate as much as possible so long as everyone is playing fair. Call and yelling at us over a lug nut, may get you no where, as our stress levels are already through the roof, and I'm not going to lie, call and yelling at us over a lug nut may get you nowhere as we'll probably hang up the phone, vent at each other here internally, and pick up one of the 3 calls we have on hold, and forget to send it out.

Hey, better that I'm honest right? It's getting increasingly hard to stay ahead in this market, with the profit margins we unfortunatley have been cornered into. Because of this, we're again, re-inventing ourselves, pushing our own wheels, and products that yield profit enough to justify the effort to sell (read: profitable) and by selling less of a broad spectrum of brands, and sticking to MSRP where manufacturers demand doing so by all their vendors (even Summit), we hope that in 2012 forward, we'll be less rushed, making more money, and can get back to sweating each and every detail.

The crew at Driverz Inc:

Jon, Les, & Justin

DriverzInc.com
951-609-3483

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode