What will fit and look the best - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 11, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Frank

What will fit and look the best

69 RS Frame off resto - will a 235/70/15 or 235/60/15 look the best trying to fill wheel well up but dont want any tire clearanve problems . any body done either one ? Rim is 15x7 all 4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 11, 04:26 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: What will fit and look the best

I just bought some BF Goodrich TA's last month because I had been looking at them for years. They have become a Coker Tire only item, since BFG disconnected the line last year. But you can still find them in stock in some locations such as http://Tirerack.com

I went with 225/70/14's which are closest to factory sizing without front rub on corners for a 14x7 wheel. 235/60/14's would fill the well a bit more, and give a more muscular stance but would have some rub on the front wells on some corners or so I was told. There are tons of folks here who will help you size your 15 inch wheels, but I would say you are safe with either choice listed in your post.

As it would be Tirerack.com had five 225/70/14's in stock, but only three 235/60/14's. I checked Coker Tire's site and they didn't have the 235's in stock and wanted 16 bucks more per tire for the 225's plus $400.00 alone for the shipping. I paid like 60 bucks in shipping from Tirerack and they were on the porch next day.

Not that I'm saying anything against Coker, but I didn't need overnight fed-ex, but it was all they offered for options. The other benefit of Tirerack was that the Goodyear shop down the road is a listed installer so the mounting price was half the published rate.

Bottom line is find the tire you want then shop around local and internet, but be warned that the supply of BFG TA's in the natural world is getting smaller every day. The good part is that Coker is reproducing them so the legend lives on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 11, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Frank

My rim is 15X7 . I did the same with a 14" no problem but 15" not sure about size

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 11, 06:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

I'd go with the 235/60/15. A 70 series tire on a 15 will be to much sidewall. That's a 28" tall tire.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 11, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Frank

Thanks Guys going with 235/60/15
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 11, 12:42 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Im running 235x 60x 14
See picks in links below
I tried 245 x60 x 14 ..with somwone sitting in the rear, go over a speed hump and it would just tough the rear fender
Personally I would much prefer to have 15s on with the same width and sidewall propotions.
I have tried thinner foot print tyres...keep in mind I was used to the bigger foot print...and one got the feeling of 'wobbling down the road and bit of wollow in the cnrs...we are talking ordary driving here

I just feel with my current set up /stock suspension/stance the 15s would be far better look filling the wheel wells up better....its as if the wheel wheels where designed for the 15s that where on the Zs and performace opitions.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 11, 03:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
scott

I have a 215-70-15 on the front and a 235-60-15 on the back of my 68 no clearance problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode