15" Cragar wheel selection help-Lug Nut style - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 11, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brent

15" Cragar wheel selection help-Lug Nut style

So I bought a set of 15x8, 5-4 3/4 bolt pattern cragar SS from Jegs. At the time I couldn't buy all four, so I just bought the rears. I wound up buying the front 15x7 cragar from Summit. The difference is the 15x7 I bought from summit are the uni lug and the 15x8 are a shank type. The 15x8 are a 4-1/4" backspacing and the 15x7 are 4-1/8. They are actually two different Cragar series, the 15x8 are the 61C series and the 15x7 are the 8/61 series. The two wheels are identical, again the only difference is one is for a direct fit bolt pattern (5-4 3/4") and the other will accept 3 different kinds of bolt patterns, I will just have to use a washer with it. I chose the 15x7, in the 8/61 series because the 15x7 in the 61C series only came in a 4" backspacing and I wanted a little more in the front. I know this is an opinion question, but, does this matter? I don't think I would have ever noticed that the front had washers and the rears didn't. Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by tbd67; Dec 2nd, 11 at 09:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 11, 04:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

Re: 15" Cragar wheel selection help-Lug Nut style

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I doubt anyone would notice. I sure wouldn't.

68 Camaro SS 396 - 468 BBC now, M21, 12 bolt 3.73 coded housing but w/ 3.31 gears.
Looking for 68 Camaro with body number NOR 181016
CRG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brent

Cool, that was the response I was expecting. I didn't think it would very noticeable.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 09:15 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Brent - You can have conical seat incerts installed then use standard conical lugs and all wheels will be the same. The inserts are pressed in using a special tool. The wheel is held in a jig and the bolt pattern is squared up to insure the wheel fits the bolt pattern properly after all 5 are installed.

Here's a thead on what I had done... https://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...+racing+wheels

The "uni-lugs" work fine but you have to use care when installing the wheels to center the wheel properly on the hub.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brent

Dennis, thanks for the info. So can any standard wheel and tire place install the inserts?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 11, 11:32 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbd67 View Post
Dennis, thanks for the info. So can any standard wheel and tire place install the inserts?
It requires a jig to align things, I only know of a couple shops here that do it. You'll have to ask around your area to find a shop that does it. I'd start with shops that do wheel repair and polishing and go from there.

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode