Gold Lifetime Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bellmore, New York
Another wheel size/fit question....
I'm finally going to ditch my rally wheels and go for the VWW V45's (after reading just about every post on the topic and seeing tons of pics). My current stock rally's are 15x7 with what I measure to be about 4.5" backspacing (if I did that right). Current tire size is 215/65 R15 all around and my ride height is stock. I have factory disc brakes in front and drums in the rear. I wanted to ask a few questions and get opinions from you all.
1. If I'm happy with the current size of my wheels, am I missing out on any performance benefit of changing to a different size (currently have a 700R4 with 3:55's)?
2. If I want to swap to rear disc in the future is there a minimum backspace I need to get now so they will fit?
3. Should I be considering different size wheels for the front and rear?
4. Is there anything else I need to consider here?
5. Opinion? Will it look stupid seeing drum brakes through the wheel spokes in the rear?
It's a lot of money to spend, I really want to be sure I get it right. Any and all comments or and insight appreciated.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SB 406/700r4/3.55 posi/Hotchkis Stage 2 TVS/Delphi 600 Series PS Box/Holley Terminator EFI