Ansen 14x7 Torque Thrust rims - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 12, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jesse

Ansen 14x7 Torque Thrust rims

I've got a question for you guys. I picked up a set of 14x7 Ansen Torque Thrust rims. They are in nice shape they just need a little polishing to be really nice. I really want to put these on my 1969 SS/RS 396 which has all the stock components and not been modified, but I'm a little concerned with clearance and them posssible rubbing on the fender. I've looked through several posts on here to see if anyone is running anything similar without issues, but haven't found anything. So here is what I got.

They are 14x7's with a 3" backspacing all four are the same. I'm planning on running a Goodyear F70-14 bias ply tire. Do you think that I will have any issues with them rubbing in the front? I know everything out back is fine. Thanks in advance for you help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 12, 08:21 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: Ansen 14x7 Torque Thrust rims

It's really going to depend on your cars stance. The F70-14 is about 26.2" tall and with 3" back spacing is likely to be scrubbing the upper fender bolt. Have you checked to see if the wheels will fit your disc brakes?

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 12, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jesse

Re: Ansen 14x7 Torque Thrust rims

I have two cars one 1969 SS/RS 396 coupe and the other a 1969 base convertible. I test fitted the Ansen rims on the convertible that has disc brakes as well and has all the stock suspensions as well. They didn't have any clearance issues with the disc brakes on that car. All though I didn't look to see how much clearance there was since they will still need to be balanced with the tape weights. I'll have to check that part this weekend. I was most concerned with the front and back of the fender. I didn't think that it would cause any issues at the top. I currently have the F70-14 Goodyear tires on an older set of 14x7 American Racing Torque Thrust rims with a 3 1/4" back spacing and they fit fine on my convertible and didn't rub at all when I had them on it last summer, but the 396 car it seemed like they looked like they could possiblle rub, but I'm wondering if the subframe is possible a little off since it has been out of that car during its restoration (which might be something else I need to deal with first). I'd like to swap the Goodyears off of the American racing version with 3 1/4" back spacing and put them on the Ansen 3" back spacing rims. I just hate to do it if I can't get them to work. Since I realize that there is a 1/4" of difference in back spacing which will push the wheel out another 1/4" and possible cause more of an issue. I just thought that I'd check here to see if anyone here is running a similar set up or has had issues with this set up. I'd really like to run these Ansens. They look pretty cool and are a nice day two look. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode