american racing service?? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 12, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Gav

american racing service??

has anyone bought a set of american racing wheels lately?

Ive heard some bad reports on service and wait times for the custom rims as i think the centers come from china. (CL205)

who is best to deal with and most efficient with this brand?

thanx , Gav

RHD 69' 8 STACK INJECTED 383,FAST ECU, TREMECT56 6 SPEED, ATS ,SPEEDTECH, QA1s, HOTCHKIS, RUSHFORTHS , MOSER POSI 3.7, MAGNAFLOWS, ETC ETC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 12, 05:33 AM
Tech Team
Mitchell

Re: american racing service??

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA69Z View Post
has anyone bought a set of american racing wheels lately?

Ive heard some bad reports on service and wait times for the custom rims as i think the centers come from china. (CL205)

who is best to deal with and most efficient with this brand?

thanx , Gav
The custom shop has actually been doing very good on turn around lately. Average 4-5 weeks (sometimes quicker), when parts are available.
The bad point you brought up..the cast centers do come from the far east...so if production planning is not on top of parts and they run out of centers there could be a delay.
When you get ready just give me a shout and we can check availability of parts and you can have a pretty good idea of the time frame.

Mitchell
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 12, 09:42 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff Spicoli

I originally ordered a set of the T70s in 17 inch diameter for my Camaro at the end of July 2011, and Summit sent the 7-inch wide fronts in a week, but the rear 8 inch wide wheels were constantly pushed back to delivery well into 2012. I got so frustrated that it was easier for me to swap my brakes to a 4-wheel 11 inch rotor setup so I could fit 15 inch diameter Cragar S/S wheels instead. If you are going to order ARE's, then be prepared to wait. Even custom backspacing will take them a while.

Relax, all right? My dad's a TV repairman, got an ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

1967 Camaro RS ZL1 427/4 speed
1967 Camaro RS 327 L30 4 speed
1955 Bel Air 4-door, 350/TH700R4
1969 Camaro convertible X11 Indy 500 Pace Car, matching numbers 396/4 speed
1968 Camaro, Grotto Blue project car
1970 Camaro RS
My Mom's 1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V Diamond Jubilee Edition
2000 Rolls Royce Silver Seraph

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 12, 11:36 PM
Senior Tech
Pete

I used to work at AR, everything they make now is made in China. If you are looking for torque thrusts in normal sizes you should be ok.

Pete
1968 Camaro
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 12, 09:27 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

I don't know about custom wheels or if you can even get them but Crager was very good to me. Prices were very good and I ordered from Summit.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 12, 06:20 PM
Senior Tech
Andy

Send a message via AIM to 67SS&99SS

I just ordered some chrome US Mags for my 67. Can't wait to get them and get them installed. I bought a set of TT2s years ago for my 99 SS and had no issues, but haven't had any experience with American Racing lately.

1967 Camaro SS: 406 sbc, 522hp/514 ft lbs, Doug's 1 3/4" headers, M20, posi, 3.73's, vintage air gen IV, IROC steering box, Comp Eng. weld-in sfc's & traction bars, chrome US Mags

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode