Help on front and rear wheel size! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 12, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Guillermo

Help on front and rear wheel size!

I have a 1967 camaro and was looking into purchasing the Billet Specialties Street Lite wheels. I want to put on some 17" wheels front and back. I have front disc brakes and rear drums. I was looking at Summit and they have these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSP-RS037956155N/. I found these for the front http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSP-RS037706140N/. Not sure of these will fit correctly. I am planning on lowering the rear 2" or 3" and the rear is not mini tub. The front will be lowered 1.5". Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Guillermo

Re: Help on front and rear wheel size!

Not sure if these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSP-RS037956155N/ will fit better tucked in the rear. Any opinions or recommendations?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 06:49 AM
Mike

This is what I put on my stock 68 with front disc and rear drum. No rubbing issues what so ever. My future plans are to lower the front 1.5 and the rear 2.0 and best I can tell there is plenty of room to do so. The wheels are the TT2's with Nitto 555 tires.

Went with the 17x7 4.0 bs with a 235/45 for the fronts

Went with the 17x8 4.8 bs with a 255/45 for the rears.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Guillermo

I think the front 17X7 with 4"backspace should be fine. The rear is what I worry about. Not sure if the 17X9.5 with 5.5"backspace will fit or if the 17X9.5 with 5" will work better. I want a wider tire in the rear.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 12:34 PM
Mike

You may want to browse these 43 pages and see if you find any good info.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100853
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 12, 01:53 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizcamaro View Post
I think the front 17X7 with 4"backspace should be fine. The rear is what I worry about. Not sure if the 17X9.5 with 5.5"backspace will fit or if the 17X9.5 with 5" will work better. I want a wider tire in the rear.
5" b/s in the rear on a 9.5" wide wheel is not enough,you'll be hitting the outer fenders...

Plus,it'll be tough to squeeze a 9.5" wide wheel on a 1967-8,a 9" wheel is really maxing it.

Contact my buddy Jon Henson over at [email protected] that should be up and working by now...tell him I sent you and he'll take care of you.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode