Baby's Getting New Shoes - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 12, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dee

Baby's Getting New Shoes

Bought these Cragars new from Summit in August 2009. Rears are 15x8 with 4.75" BS. Front are 15x7 with 4.5" BS. Finally getting around to using them. Part of the delay was finding RWL tires I liked. Not much out there. Yeah, I'm old school!

Ended up settling for BFG Radial TAs. I already have a new set of those on my 67. Did not really want to have two new sets. Goodyear does not make my sizes, I have a set of Firestone on my 72 Chevy Cheyenne and am not terribly impressed. Oh well!

These are going on my 69. I've had a bit of suspension work done on it....Hotckis TVS and upper & lower tubular arms, Comp Engineering sub frame connectors and Slide-a-Links. This lowered the front 2" and the rear 1.5" I really like the stance.

So tomorrow they go to the tire shop to have rubber added. I'm doing 255/6015 rears and 225/60/15 fronts. Eventually I will get an inexpensive set (I know, it's all relative) of 17" wheels and some better gripping tires so I can play autocross.

In OKC once a month there are some not-muscle-car-guys who get together to autocross. I hope to not embarrass myself (or the classics).

Anyway, looking forward to some shiny shoes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cragar SS 002_1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	28130  

1967 RS/SS350 Camaro (mostly stock)
1969 RS/SS Camaro (being improved!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 12, 06:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Re: Baby's Getting New Shoes

Nice cant wait to see them on the camaro.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 06:20 PM
Senior Tech
Andy

Send a message via AIM to 67SS&99SS

It will look good. I've always liked BFG Radial T/As. They ride good, last and are a quiet tire.

1967 Camaro SS: 406 sbc, 522hp/514 ft lbs, Doug's 1 3/4" headers, M20, posi, 3.73's, vintage air gen IV, IROC steering box, Comp Eng. weld-in sfc's & traction bars, chrome US Mags

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 12, 07:46 AM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967 Plum View Post
Rears are 15x8 with 4.75" BS. Front are 15x7 with 4.5" BS.
I wasn't aware you could order the Classic Cragar S/S in custom offsets. Good info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode