steelie wheels - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 12, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Phil McCullough

steelie wheels

My 67 SS/RS vert. came with wire wheel covers and white wall tires (butternut yellow), it was rough, but now near completion with rebuilt original drive train and as much else that I could salvage to make it decent.
The issue now is the tires/wheels. Eventually I want to use the wire wheel covers but they are going to be a long project. I have a set of 14/6" wheels and a set of 15" rally's that need work. I want something a bit different until I get the wires done and think I'll paint the steelies body color with narrow trim rings and some type of hub covering & chrome lug nuts. The question is where to get the narrow trim rings for stock type wheels or information on them. Some of the tire suppliers show that kind of trim but no information about them? Sorry about the long post.. Pmac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 12, 03:00 AM
Kevin

Re: steelie wheels

Phil, not sure if I am getting you, you are going to keep the center bare with chrome lugs and a chrome bearing dust cap? on the 14" steel rims? and you want a trim ring? If so I think the standard 14x6 rally trim ring will work.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 12, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Phil McCullough

I am looking for a small trim ring that fits inside the outer edge of the wheel and does not cover up edge of the rim next to the tire like the rally trim ring does. They look to be about 1 3/4" wide... Thanks Kevin...Pmac

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 12, 07:44 AM
Senior Tech
John

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 12, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Phil McCullough

Thanks J65N.. A lot more stuff for wheels out there than I realized! ..Pmac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode