Correct 15" Trim rings - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 12, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scottie

Correct 15" Trim rings

I have a very nice set of 15" trim rings that I was told came off of a 69 Z28, but they are not matched! Two are the same and the other two are the same, but different!. Could someone tell me by looking at the photos which style is correct for the 69 Z28? They both have the same back, the first design with the 4 clips. As always, thanks for your help!

Last edited by Scottie43; Jul 11th, 14 at 10:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 12, 04:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Re: Correct 15" Trim rings

Scott....

I do not believe that those are original 69 z-28 trim rings. The original from what I understand ,clip onto the edge of the rim and can be identified by the shorter clip. I found this posted by Jerry MacNeish who says on page 83 of his book
- "Its important to note that there were two versions of the original trim rings. One version used four clips that fastened to the OUTER edge of the wheel and the other had fingers that compress into the inner part of the wheel. "

You may want to email him to inquire further if its important to have the original correct trim rings on your car.His website link below..

http://www.z28camaro.com/

Kev
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 12, 04:42 PM
Senior Tech
Chick

Garage

Those are sold all the time on ebay as NOS but are far from what was sold originally. The originals as Kev mentioned had the four clips that form over the rim edge and not your much later design. The same trim ring was used on 67 15X6 DC corvette rally wheels. The 68Z used a different trim ring on its 15X6 wheel due to offset differences.

Chick
68, 69, & 2015 Z/28's
69 Nova's L34 Father/Son & L78 Surv purch-new
67, 68, & 2015 Z06 Corvettes
Our 68Z Restoration
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 12, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scottie

Thanks Kev and Chick. That confirms what I thought. I do have Jerry's book, but missed that info. These went back to the guy that tried to sell them to me as original Z28 trim rings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode