Coys wheels still in business? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Carl

Coys wheels still in business?

I've been looking at wheels and researching by reading old threads. I've seen Coys mentioned a few times and tried to look into them. I googled them and found www.coyswheels.com but when I selected it the URL changes to http://michaelmazur.net/xml.php and the connection fails. Next I tried calling one number in Denver and the other in Utah. Denver number is "no longer valid" while Utah is an answering machine. The only place I can find the wheels is on e-bay. This does not inspire confidence. Are they still in business? Anyone bought from them lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 01:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Max Stewart

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbuckcity
Re: Coys wheels still in business?

I have been gone from Denver, CO for many years, but while living there I used to do business with Randy Coy, I will do some checking and see if they are still in business...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 01:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Max Stewart

67 Carl, I just called a guy in Denver, Colorado and asked if Coy's is still in Business, His response was IRS shut them down about 3 months ago, This is per the Guy I spoke with, true or not ? He said Randy Coy also had a Tire/Wheel Store he thought in Salt Lake City, Utah, and either had sold it or going to sell it, and re-open another store in Denver I also contacted a Friend of mine by email, if he responds will let you know what he has to say!!!!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 01:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Max Stewart

I looked on Google and typed in Coy's Custom Wheel & Tire Denver Colorado, and it came up with an address of: 1051 South Platte River Drive Denver, Colorad (did not provide zip code) and a phone: 303-830-2929
I called the number and a recording phone is no longer in service, maybe the guy was right about the tax issues.....................
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 02:27 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Stay away. I hate to say it but until you can get ahold of real person thats my advice

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 02:47 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Their facebook page lists Orem Utah and a phone number of (801) 356-2929. Is that the number you had in Utah?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coys-Wheel/105611752514

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Carl

Yeah, that's one of the numbers I called. Thanks everyone for the responses (and investigation). From what I've read in this forum and outside the forum they've had their ups and downs. Hopefully they will get it worked out and be successful.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 09:18 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Carl View Post
Yeah, that's one of the numbers I called. Thanks everyone for the responses (and investigation). From what I've read in this forum and outside the forum they've had their ups and downs. Hopefully they will get it worked out and be successful.
I agree, it's hard to say stay away from a company that has a product that many people like but it's also hard to see those same people loose hard earned cash on products. I think they have posted to this forum before. Maybe they will come back and update if things turn around.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 09:19 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Are you looking for a specific model of the Coy's?

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 12, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
Are you looking for a specific model of the Coy's?
I was looking at the C-5. I was also looking at the American Racing TT M as well. Honestly, I'm not impressed with AR customer service either. I've reached out to them via the email address listed in the "contact us" link on their web page several times with no response. I also searched the web for other email addresses for them and have gotten no responses. There are no phone numbers.

At this point I think I"ll take all this as a hint and put the purchase of wheels and tires on hold. My main focus is saving money so I can put in a TKO 5 speed transmission. New wheels are mainly for appearance while tranny is for drivability.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 12, 10:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Wink Re: Coys wheels still in business?

AR's offices are right off the 710 @ SantaFe ave. in Compton.
Try this number (310) 604-1071

You can also try calling "TireRack" for info - they have contacts at AR and can get spec.s sent directly to you.

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 12, 05:49 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Hmm. Well, if you liked the C-55 then Discount Tire carries the MB Wheels "Old School" model which is the exact same wheel. The spokes are kinda pointed down the middle instead of round like the C5. Boss also makes a very similar lower priced wheel like the C5.

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 12, 10:01 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Check out Cragar wheels. The Eliminator shown is a 15x8 and is $130.00 ea from Summit. You can get them in 17 inch also.

http://www.cragarwheel.com/productoverviews19-3/Wheels

-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 12, 04:17 AM

I know this is an old thread, however I have been looking at coys myself and the website posted originally is incorrect.

The correct web site is;

http://www.coyswheel.com/
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 12, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro158 View Post
I know this is an old thread, however I have been looking at coys myself and the website posted originally is incorrect.

The correct web site is;

http://www.coyswheel.com/
When I originally posted my comments that link did not work; it redirected me as I noted. Since then I've had other work done on my car, including adding a TKO, lowering springs and new exhaust system. With the addition of the springs and exhaust everything was just too low. I would scrape headers on everything, so I had to get some bigger tires/wheels to raise it up a bit and make it drivable. Went through different vendors again and I still preferred the look of Coy's, so I called them again. Spoke to the guy a few times, felt pretty comfortable and decided to take a chance. I ordered them directly from them, not eBay, and they arrived quickly and look fantastic. Not sure the issues they went/are going through but so far it's worked out for me. The only thing I didn't like was I didn't get a confirmation email, shipping info or billing invoice. I like documentation. It's saved my bacon more than a few times...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	31151  

1967 350, Hurst TKO 600 5 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi, RS added

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode