1967 camaro mini tubbed question - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 12, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Charlie

1967 camaro mini tubbed question

Yes this is my 2nd post on here so I am still learing this forum so I hope I do this right I have a 67 camaro that has been mini tubbed using factory style tubs and moving them in and using the dse quadralink kit with ridetech shock waves and a narrowed rear at 54.75 inches axle flange to flange I have willwood 4 piston calipers and 14 inch rotors. What I am wondering if y'all think a 19x12 inch wheel will be to wide dse recommens 19x11 with a 5.5 in bs but the car is hooked up by billet specialties and they only have 10 and 12 inch wide wheels in 19s I want the deep lip look and don't really car if a shorter tire is used when measured I have almost 16 inches from fender to frame rails any suggestions please I would like to use there wheels if possible but think a 10 inch wide tire may look a little funny with the tubs thanks any help will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 12, 01:39 PM
Larry

Re: 1967 camaro mini tubbed question

My 67 with minitubs runs a 14.5x31x15 on a 15x12 with 4"bs. I also have 15x14" wheels with 4" bs with a 16.5x31 but they are close to the leading edge of the outer fenderwell.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 12, 02:31 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67SS/RS572 View Post
My 67 with minitubs runs a 14.5x31x15 on a 15x12 with 4"bs. I also have 15x14" wheels with 4" bs with a 16.5x31 but they are close to the leading edge of the outer fenderwell.
That's good info. Are you still running the back seat? I have widened my inners without getting into the frame rails and am only able to tuck a 15x10 on a 275/60. Kinda stinks because I was shooting for a 12.3 wide section at 28 tall but the side walls were to tight to lip. I fitted a MT 12.1 section but at 26 tall way to short. I guess what I did gain is I don't have to jack up rear to clear the 275's.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 12, 02:52 PM
Larry

Re: 1967 camaro mini tubbed question

No back seat at the present. Car is caged so it would be quite a site to see someone get back there! My outter wheel lips have been trimmed considerably but still look stock from the outside. The car has a narrow Fab9 rear with coilovers so I gained some room there as well without the lower shock mounts on a stock rear. Looking back, my backspacing is not what that on a stock GM rear would be. Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR67RS View Post
That's good info. Are you still running the back seat? I have widened my inners without getting into the frame rails and am only able to tuck a 15x10 on a 275/60. Kinda stinks because I was shooting for a 12.3 wide section at 28 tall but the side walls were to tight to lip. I fitted a MT 12.1 section but at 26 tall way to short. I guess what I did gain is I don't have to jack up rear to clear the 275's.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 12, 03:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jon

Sounds killer. Post some pics. I also may do some trimming this winter to fit my wish list tires

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode