rally wheel trim rings - 69 coupe - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 12, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Tony W

rally wheel trim rings - 69 coupe

Just completed an exhausting search of online vendors for a suitable set of trim rings for my '69 standard coupe. I have a a mix of 15 by 7 rally wheels (FW code, AG code)on the car. Looking for trim rings with a good stainless steel finish (not chrome plated), minimum depth of two inches (would like deeper if they fit a 15 by 7 rim) and would like to know what retention system is typically preferred over another ( 4 teeth inner clips - or full circumference ring of teeth). Really need some help here. Any recommendations too of vendors?

Tony W.

Last edited by anthony wren; Dec 15th, 12 at 07:18 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 12, 07:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Lynn

Re: rally wheel trim rings - 69 coupe

FW wheels are the most common ralley wheel out there. They take a slightly deeper trim ring than the original YH wheels if you want them to look right.

I prefer the full circumference rings. Don't have to fight with them like you do the four clips especially when they interfere with wheel weights.

Should be plent of those around. Sorry, I don't know of a particular vendor that would be better than another.

Lynn
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 12, 08:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Daryl

Garage

I bought mine from Heartbeat City. Very happy with the fit & finish.

1968 Rally Sport
302ci
Muncie M22
Moser 12-bolt 4:10 posi

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 12, 08:25 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Original rings hit ebay all the time, but the concourse grade reproductions are fine. Stay away from the cheap ones as they loose the ability to hold a polish in no time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 12, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Tony W

Thanks Lynn
The 4-clip mechanism I referenced looks like two spikes or prongs screwed into an inner "can" or ring welded to the out side trim ring. I think some vendors (like Rick's) call them inside clips. The Wheel Vintique #3001-15-1 is an example of a trim ring used these inner "spikes". In any case I was wondering if this type of mounting mechanism does work as well as the full circumference set of teeth.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 12, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Tony W

Thanks Daryl

Can you tell me what part number from Heartbeat you bought? Heartbeat advertises "USA" made, but the 15 by 7's may now be a discontinued by the manufacturer and the 15 by 6 "USA made are in short supply. I am open to buying the 15 by 6 but fear that this ring set will lack depth and thus not look quite right on a 15 by 7 wheel
Really cannot afford to purchase NOS trim ring parts, so am looking for a decent set of reproductions.
Thanks Tony
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 12, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Tony W

Brian

Not sure what you mean by "concourse grade reproductions". Can you fill me in? I am not looking for NOS but a good quality reproduction. I have some interest in the Wheel Vintique 3001-15-1, but wonder about the attaching mechanism of the four inner prong-teeth mounted to an inside can. See quick reply to Lynn
Thanks Tony
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 12, 06:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

I just replaced my 15x7 rally wheels with 14x7 sport wheels. My rally wheels are FWs and the trim rings I have are the 4 "prong" type mentioned earlier. I have never had a trim ring come off and the fit was as good as it gets. Attached is a picture of the rings, they have the "step" on the front (not the radiused style) and they are 2 1/4" deep. There are no part numbers or mfg. info on them. They were on the Camaro when I bought it. Cheers, Fred
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TRC-t.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	31328   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRE-t.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	31329   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRF-t.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	31330  

Click image for larger version

Name:	69Camaro-Front-Nov-T.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	31331  

1969 Camaro SS 350 M20 12 bolt 3.55 posi Build date 3rd week of Sept 68 Cortez Silver
2002 SLP Camaro SS 35th Anniversary DOB 09/26/2001- Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode