20/18 Wheel Tire Combo fitment - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 13, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Carl

20/18 Wheel Tire Combo fitment

Been lurking often since I got my car almost a year ago, learning tons!

Looking for some fitment input on the direction Im considering for wheels/tires.
I currently have 15x7 ralleyes, 255/65/15 rear, 235/60/15 front
Im very happy with my current stance. I have a Hotchkis drop spring in front, original (sagging?) multi-leaf in rear.
Very slight rubbing on front with sub-frame at full lock.
Im just finishing up my 4 wheel drum to disc conversion (Right Stuff from Matts) and havent mounted my wheels again or driven the car yet.

Thinking of going with a 20 rear/18 front combo (dont need to hear the commentary on considering that choice I know not all on here like that direction).
Looking at MB Old School wheels
Rear: 255/35/20 on 20x8.5 +7 offset (5 backspace, right?)
Front 225/40/18 on 18x7 0 offset (4 backspace, right?)
These tires are about 1 less diameter than my current on both ends, which should keep my stance and drop my car by .

Concerns:
225/40/18 on 18x7 from what I can see 7.5 is the recommended minimum width. Will this look goofy? Will it void any warranty?
Rubbing on front ultimately Im going with a smaller tire, so think Im okay but not totally sure how to correctly measure my ralleye backspace to compare confidently. Also wondering if my disc package has pushed out the wheels too much if my wheels push out it appears I need to worry about rubbing on the lower rear of the fender opening, no?
Is there anything Im not thinking of??

Appreciate any input/experiences.

69 LM1 RS Vert White/Red GM Canada documented
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 13, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Carl

Re: 20/18 Wheel Tire Combo fitment

TTT

Anyone? Any input?
100 views... no responses...

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 13, 10:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

You probably won't get many comments since there are very few if any people running 20's here.

I think the 225's will be fine on a 7" rim. They will bulge a little more than on a 7.5" rim, but it won't look goofy. I would probably run 255/40's in the rear. The 35's are going to look like a rubber band especially on a 20" wheel.

Your backspacing should be good on those.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 13, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Carl

Thanks Brent, I appreciate the input.
Checked out your photos and build thread - nice stuff!

Hope you're doing okay in Boston... what a shame...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode