just put on 17" torq thrust II's-need opinions - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kumar

just put on 17" torq thrust II's-need opinions

hi guys, I just put on 17" torq thrust II's with 225/50-17's on front and 255/50-17's on rear, fronts are 7" wide with 4" bs and rear is 8" wide with 4 3/4" bs

I had rally's on before, and have always preferred the classic look, but sorta "took a wild hair" and made a spontaneous purchase

whats everyone's opinion? I don't like big wheels on classic cars really, but 17's are about as big as i'd like.....not sure, what ya all think?

stock rally's

now

1969 RS/SS, rust free X-11 car, ZZ430 GMPP Crate Engine, Tremec TKO 600 5 speed Hurst Driveline conversion, Moser 12 bolt/3:73 posi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 05:00 PM
Senior Tech
Erik

Re: just put on 17" torq thrust II's-need opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigarmzz View Post
hi guys, I just put on 17" torq thrust II's with 225/50-17's on front and 255/50-17's on rear, fronts are 7" wide with 4" bs and rear is 8" wide with 4 3/4" bs

I had rally's on before, and have always preferred the classic look, but sorta "took a wild hair" and made a spontaneous purchase

whats everyone's opinion? I don't like big wheels on classic cars really, but 17's are about as big as i'd like.....not sure, what ya all think?
Looks very nice. I alway felt the saw way about the 'classic look' but with the right 17-18 inch rims, these cars look sharp. I think you nailed it on the head.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 05:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Looks fantastic!

1969 Cheverolet Camaro - Pro Touring
2018 Dodge Challenger R/T ScatPack 392 Shaker Hood Hemi
2016 BMW R1200rs
1976 Honda CB550 - I restored

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 05:16 PM
Apprentice
Nick

Garage

My vote is for the new Torque Thursts. Looks amazing. Great choice in size and design. Im in the same position as you. I currently have rally's on mine and want a more aggressive look, BUT i haven't gotten the guts to make the purchase yet.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS1969 View Post
Looks very nice. I alway felt the saw way about the 'classic look' but with the right 17-18 inch rims, these cars look sharp. I think you nailed it on the head.
I totally agree, in a 17 or 18" wheel, they got to be just right or it looks out of place or like an "after thought"....."trying too hard" lol

thanks, i'm just alittle unsure but you guys are easing the pain from the wallet

1969 RS/SS, rust free X-11 car, ZZ430 GMPP Crate Engine, Tremec TKO 600 5 speed Hurst Driveline conversion, Moser 12 bolt/3:73 posi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_randyb View Post
Looks fantastic!
thanks man

post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinct03 View Post
My vote is for the new Torque Thursts. Looks amazing. Great choice in size and design. Im in the same position as you. I currently have rally's on mine and want a more aggressive look, BUT i haven't gotten the guts to make the purchase yet.
thanks, I've been on the fence with these wheels for along time now. Previously I had 215/65-15's up front and 255/60-15's in back. I called this place in TN that sells on ebay, "all American tire" and spoke with "josh", he really seemed to be very knowledgable about 69 Camaro's and even said he had one out front when I called getting the same wheels put on.....he shipped wheels/tires to me mounted/balanced with lug nuts for $1,410 total shipped.....was very nervous taking a chance like that

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 05:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
George

How much are these running and whohas the best price?

Love the look of those. Nobody kept the stock rims back in the last 60's anyway. Just like the stock stereo.

Sold:
1968 Base hardtop 250 with a P̶G̶ built 2004r
Offy intake
Holley 390 CFM carb
Langdon split header to a 2.5" exhaust
Mild cam
Custom interior
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 05:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
the BOSS&Ralph

I struggled with the 15 vs. 17 issue on an old Vette. I had done a few suspension upgrades and felt the tires were holding the car back. I prefer the esthetics of the 15s but the higher performance 17 tires really improved the dynamics of the car. Iíve been surprised by the number of compliments the Americans get when the car is out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM002304.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	33690   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM002342.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	33691  
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 06:35 PM
Senior Tech
Monty

They look good and I am totally with you on the 17 inch being as big as I would go. They are big enough to fit some bigger brakes but still some sidewall. Less deflection than a 15" and easier to find. I have 15" rallys on my 69 now but stepping up in the fall. Nice ride!!!
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 06:50 PM
Senior Tech
Bob

They look great, IMO. Is the car at stock ride height? Doesn't look to be lowered much, if at all. Just trying to decide what I should go with on my '69 with 2" drop front, 1 1/2" rear.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 07:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Carl

I'll add my vote to the "looks great" pile. You have the exact same sizes as I put on mine (I have Coy's though). Right tire widths, sidewall heights and rim diameter.

1967 350, Hurst TKO 600 5 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi, RS added

post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 08:30 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I like it and I am an old school guy all the way. I plan to get some American Racing Torque Thrust II's for my car. I will go with 15's however, with my BFG TA's, and put some old school Good Years on the Rally Rims for shows.

Good choice. Nice stance.

Grandma, 69.5, Z/28 Finally Done! Well almost...

My Build Thread

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 13, 09:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryan

I like the old school look and like the rally's, but I also like the torq look. Very nice. Stance looks tough.

68 Camaro SS
468 VortecPro
M22 Rockcrusher
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old May 24th, 13, 03:20 AM
Ron

Looks AWSOME, I was the same way, wanted to stick with the Rally Wheels but when I seen a few Camaros with 17" Torque Thrust it looked to good not to put them on.
Looks great
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode