Double Check: Wheel and Tire Sizes - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 13, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Double Check: Wheel and Tire Sizes

Hi everyone. Wanted to run by this topic one more time, to ensure that I'm making the right purchase in terms of wheel/tire size.

I currently have 215/70/15's with 4.25" BS on the front (15 1/4" from lip to wheel center and 27 3/4" from floor to lip). I have 235/70/15's with a 5" BS on the rear (17 1/4" from lip to center, and 30 1/4" from floor to lip). I've got 3 leafs in the rear and am looking to replace my front springs, as they currently have spacers in them and believe to be original.

I was looking at going with 215/65/15's on the front with 4.25" BS, and 245/60/15's on the rear, with 4.5" BS. After measuring a bit, I'm having some doubts in terms of overall height, especially in the rear, as another inch and a half or so is going to be taken away with the shorter tire.

My goal is to have both front and back fill the wheel well without being too short or not enough width. I believe that the width is covered, and I've decided to go with 15x7's (4.25" BS) in the front and 15x8's (4.5" BS) in the back. Maybe just thinking too much in regard to the height. Would 60's or going back to the 70's be a smarter choice with both of these in mind?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 13, 10:49 AM
Senior Tech
Monty

Re: Double Check: Wheel and Tire Sizes

One of the most common combos tire wise is a 255/60/15 on back and a 225/60/15 on front with the wheel sizes and backspacing you are looking at. I am currently running the same combo though getting ready to go with 18s. This will give you 27.1 hieght in back and 25.6 in front if I remember right. Hope that helps.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 13, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Thanks Monty. That does help. Would you think that there would be any rub up front with disc brakes and the 225/60/15?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 13, 12:19 PM
Senior Tech
Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
Thanks Monty. That does help. Would you think that there would be any rub up front with disc brakes and the 225/60/15?
I havent had any at all. I am running CPP disc up front. My car has the hotchkis 2" drop springs up front and 2" drop leafs in the back.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 13, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chad

Thanks again Monty. I don't have a lowered suspension, so trying to guage how they would look versus my current 70's in terms of wheel well height. The 235/70/15 on the back are a tad bit too 'dragster' for my taste in width, which I think is the result of the 5" BS. They might actually be perfect with a 4.5" BS.

The 215/65/15's seem to be a little closer in height to my current 70's to fill the wheel well, and basically the same width as the current 215/70 tire, which I'm OK with. Do you think that the 255/60 would look proportional to the 215, or would the 245 be a better match?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 13, 04:24 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

If you go to the Tire Rack and look up your tire size you will get the height and you will find little difference in the sizes. I run 245 on the rear and 225 on the front both 15 x 60 on stock suspension with no problem on 8" rallys. The 255 look too big to me but that is just my thoughts. I don't want a noticable difference between the front and rear. The 69 is wider than a 67-68 so the 8" gives a different look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode