Bone stock 68 wheel suggestions... - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 13, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Scott

Bone stock 68 wheel suggestions...

Looking for new wheels and tires for my bone-stock 68 (suspension is a bit saggy, maybe a half 1/2 - 1 inch under stock). i have about 8.5" from the rocker trim to the floor. Currently have 14x6 Rallyes on it. Want to get wheels and tires that better fill the wheel wells, but not stuff the wheel wells...will consider 16" and maybe even 17 out back, but want to stay away from Pro-touring look. probably some sort of Torq-thrust look wheel.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
SDS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 13, 09:01 AM
Senior Tech
Joe

Re: Bone stock 68 wheel suggestions...

I put Cragar SS rims on mine, kind of a retro late 60's to early 70's look. 15 X 7 on fronts (4 1\2 back space). Put 16 x 8 on rear. If I were to do it again I'd put 16's on the front & 17's on the rear with low profile tires (maybe 40 or 50 profile). Currently using 60 profile. You may need to change the speedo gear if you mess with rear overall tire diameter.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 13, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Scott

Re: Bone stock 68 wheel suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesauer View Post
I put Cragar SS rims on mine, kind of a retro late 60's to early 70's look. 15 X 7 on fronts (4 1\2 back space). Put 16 x 8 on rear. If I were to do it again I'd put 16's on the front & 17's on the rear with low profile tires (maybe 40 or 50 profile). Currently using 60 profile. You may need to change the speedo gear if you mess with rear overall tire diameter.
got any photos to share ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode