Rally Wheels - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 13, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Mike

Rally Wheels

I have a 1969 Camaro RS conv. with original disc brakes. I am looking for corvette style rally wheels stamped early 69 YJ. I am looking for a full set. Does anyone know where I can get a set from? Any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 13, 05:18 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Rally Wheels

i know there was a Pair on EBAY a couple days ago , do a search on here in the classified ads , THERE WERE SOME ON HERE but dont know if they are still available ..
i have a pair in the garage . but just a pair.

HERE YA GO...
https://www.camaros.net/classifieds/s...=57033&cat=all
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 13, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Mike

Hey Hugger1

Could you please tell me what the date is on those 14x7 YJ wheels? Are they for sale? Thanks

Mike

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 13, 06:07 PM
Senior Tech

hey Mike , I'll have to climb up in the loft tomorrow and check. the chances of them being close or the same is LOW .
i had one YJ and later found another one at a swap . been looking for another pair but havent found any yet .

I will check and let you know .
JC
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 13, 07:18 PM
Banned
Chet

Corvette Rally wheels from 1969 are 15 x 8 with 4 inch backspacing. Will work if yoiu keep your tire size no bigger than P22560R15. Anything else will rub in certain conditions. You need to decide what size wheels you want. Camaro rallys came in 14 x 7 and 15 x 7.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 13, 05:59 AM
Senior Tech

Hes not looking for 15in wheels . he's looking for the CAMARO 14x7s .
i think he said corvette ralleys just because thats what a lot of people call that style.

i have a full set of AZ 15x8 Corvette rallys as well but he did ask about YJ which are 14x7 with 4 3/4 backspace .

heres off the Ralley wheel code page :
YJ 14X7 B-4 3/8 69 Camaro/ Chevy II L72- ZL1, 70 Nova
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 13, 11:07 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Those ones in the classifieds are not 69 dated wheels. They are 1989 dated wheels.

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 14, 10:06 AM
Tom

I know of 4 rims with tires dated K190 10 26 YJ. Are you still interested?
tm
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 14, 01:32 PM
Kevin

Mike, first off, wheel sizes were not an option, you only got the wheel size that was standard with the package ordered. So if you have an RS, without a wheel option you received 14x6 rims in steel/dog dish caps. If you ordered Rally wheels on your RS, you received 14x6 rallys. If you had drums, you got a rally that fit a drum brake, if you ordered discs, you got one to fit discs.

The YJs that you are asking about came only when the SS package was ordered. So looking for dated YJs for your car (that would not be correct anyways) is not ideal.

Also, early 69 dated Factory 14x7 YJs (I assume you mean Jan/Feb/March 1969), are highly sought after for pace cars, so they are rare and pricey.
What you should really be looking for are XG rims, which are Rally wheels for Disc brakes 14x6 Base (which will be correct for your RS). And they should be more reasonably priced

The tire that most closely matches F70-14 is the 215/70R14, which can be mounted on a 14x6 or 14x7 rim, so you will end up with the same tire and rally wheel look you are going for and will fit your discs. Luck on the hunt!

PS, if you look at my 69 vert (Jinx) photo link below, you will see 215/70R14 tires mounted on 14x6 XN (drum only) rims. And you would be hard pressed to see a difference between them and an expensive 14x7 YJ rims

http://www.camaros.org/suspen.shtml#Wheels

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 14, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Mike

yes i am interested in the YJ rims but not the tires. I have a nice set of F70-14 redline polyglass tires waiting for the right rims. Can you let me know the rims would be with shipping? I'm on Long Island.

Thanks for your time
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 14, 12:33 PM
Tom

Daley,
I sent you a Private Message.
tm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode