1967 with 15x7 FW Rally Wheels - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 14, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Jeff

1967 with 15x7 FW Rally Wheels

I'm looking for recommendations on what wider tires would fit (at least on the rear) without modifications on my 67'. I currently have all 4 drum brakes, rear air shocks and 15x7 FW Rallys with 215/70R 15 tires all around.

Ideally, I'd like to keep the 15x7 rallys that I currently have. Thanks for the suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000270.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	58858  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 14, 08:09 PM
Senior Tech
Chad

Re: 1967 with 15x7 FW Rally Wheels

I'm assuming that you want them to remain tucked? What's the backspacing of the wheel? You'll need the stamped date code and manufacturer to know exactly. Or of course, you can just measure it yourself. I believe most 15x7 FW Rallys are either 4.25" to 4.5". Should give you a little better idea of what tire sizes to look for.

67 Black RS Coupe, 383, M21 & 10 Bolt Posi. Edelbrock E-Tech 170 Heads, 2204 Roller Cam, Air Gap Intake.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 14, 05:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Do you have stock suspension and how old is it? I have a Hotchkis TVS suspension kit (2" drop in the front, 1.5" drop in the rear) and was able to fit 245/60/15's on all four with 15x7 rallys, drum brakes with only a slight rub on hard bumps, up front. I recently upgraded to disc brakes which pushed the front tires out a little. Now I am looking at 225/60/15's up front and probably a 255/60/15 in the back. Looking at your picture, I would say the biggest up front without problems on 15x7 rallys (if they are 4.25 back spacing) would be 235/60/15. You could do 255/60/15's in the back. Do a search on tire size for 67/68's, pay attention to what suspension people have and the back spacing of the rims. Good luck with your tires.

67 Vert RS/SS 350 4 SP

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 14, 07:52 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

All FW coded wheels are 15x7 w/4.25" backspacing. That is a +6 offset and on the '69 it centers the tire in the wheel well. It's fairly close in the '67 and '68 as well. +6 offset seems to be the magic number no mater what size wheel you mount on a 1st gen to but the widest tires possible staying within the fender well.

That said the 235/60x15 is probably the most commonly used larger tire size on a 1st gen when running the same size front and back with 15" wheels. When running staggered sizes some have put 245/60, 255x60and even 275/60 tires on the back of a 1st gen with claims of no rubbing. On the front I've heard of rubbing with the 235/60 and heard others use 245/60's without rubbing. The 235/60 usually is a lock to lock scuff on the inner fender and occasionally the upper outer fender bolt rubs on suspension compression which can be cured with an alignment.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode